How to reinstall driver, when none exists?

bibble

Post by bibble »

There seems to be an illogical point to this DDU software.
If you do a clean uninstall of your gpu driver.
Then there is no way to reinstall it.
Nvidia can't find the original Nvidia driver, so it won't install it.
And this program, has no warning about such, nor how to re-install it after there is nothing to reinstall it to.
Not to mention that a Nvidia support chat person recommended this software to fix my Nvidia problem.

Please help me to not see the illogical and flawed idea behind an app that completely unistalls the gpu driver, so that it can never be installed again, without recovery, or (as in my case) complete re-install (clean install I might add) of windows 10.
Thanks DDU for taking away a good 4 hours away from my life, while not helping me fix a problem, but making one instead.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: How to reinstall driver, when none exists?

Post by Wagnard »

bibble wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:50 am There seems to be an illogical point to this DDU software.
If you do a clean uninstall of your gpu driver.
Then there is no way to reinstall it.
Nvidia can't find the original Nvidia driver, so it won't install it.
And this program, has no warning about such, nor how to re-install it after there is nothing to reinstall it to.
Not to mention that a Nvidia support chat person recommended this software to fix my Nvidia problem.

Please help me to not see the illogical and flawed idea behind an app that completely unistalls the gpu driver, so that it can never be installed again, without recovery, or (as in my case) complete re-install (clean install I might add) of windows 10.
Thanks DDU for taking away a good 4 hours away from my life, while not helping me fix a problem, but making one instead.
This isn't normal on healthy system.
BTW DDU does a system restore point before cleaning.
Send me the DDU logs at [email protected]
Systems specs would be nice too.
If necessarily I can connect to your system at distance and fix it manually for you.