DDU freezes my PC while cleaning!

netuser

Re: DDU freezes my PC while cleaning!

Post by netuser »

After memtest revealed no error's, i reinstalled Windows 10.
Used DDU on the the Nvidia Driver Windows installed..and it still froze exactly as before.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

netuser wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:30 am After memtest revealed no error's, i reinstalled Windows 10.
Used DDU on the the Nvidia Driver Windows installed..and it still froze exactly as before.
Thanks for the info.
Do you know if it freeze not long after you start the cleaning or more at the end?

It could be possible that it happen when removing some driver version due to a driver bug freeing it resources on removal. Check if. It happen with an old driver that you know worked before.
Also, when you say it freeze, this include the mouse cursor not being able to move?
netuser

Post by netuser »

It froze at the point were it's supposed to be rebooting, and in DDU the last entry is something like "cleaned successfully"(even though DDU doesn't remove the driver completly) . A few seconds after that it freezes including the mouse cursor.
Today's Driver was 375.63 the one windows update install's, using latest DDU version.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

netuser wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:25 pm It froze at the point were it's supposed to be rebooting, and in DDU the last entry is something like "cleaned successfully"(even though DDU doesn't remove the driver completly) . A few seconds after that it freezes including the mouse cursor.
Today's Driver was 375.63 the one windows update install's, using latest DDU version.
Do you have he log for this cleaning?
Also does it freeze if you select the option to clean without rebooting?
What do you mean by didn't remove the driver completely? What does remains?
Thanks
netuser

Post by netuser »

DDU did not create a log file today, and yes it does freeze with the other option. If i boot into windows after it crashed i get greeted by a missing nvidia.dll, don't remember which one. Will write it down next time. Also under Programs and Features there still are entries for all the Nvidia stuff.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

netuser wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:56 pm DDU did not create a log file today, and yes it does freeze with the other option. If i boot into windows after it crashed i get greeted by a missing nvidia.dll, don't remember which one. Will write it down next time. Also under Programs and Features there still are entries for all the Nvidia stuff.
Humm. This is really strange, DDU said it finished cleaning but it has not + it freeze at the end.
Did you ever have a working DDU and if so, can you tell me what is the last working version? And if possible test it to be sure.

I have looked a bit back in your posts you said you had 2 monitors, check if the freeze happen if only the DVI monitor is plugged.
netuser

Post by netuser »

Ran DDU again and the first time i did not crash, but it froze the other 2 tries. DDU created a log file for the successful one and the third.
And booting into normal mode the missing .dll is nvspcap64.dll, i also made a snapshot of DDU right before the crash http://imgur.com/a/wcqdR .

Update
Attached the log files.

Also i used DDU all the time in the past without a problem, will try using an older version tomorrow.
Already tried with only 1 Monitor connected, both DP and DVI.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

netuser wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:53 pm Ran DDU again and the first time i did not crash, but it froze the other 2 tries. DDU created a log file for the successful one and the third.
And booting into normal mode the missing .dll is nvspcap64.dll, i also made a snapshot of DDU right before the crash http://imgur.com/a/wcqdR .

Update
Attached the log files.

Also i used DDU all the time in the past without a problem, will try using an older version tomorrow.
Already tried with only 1 Monitor connected, both DP and DVI.
Thanks, I'll check these logs later when I get home.
Just for information, are you using SSDs or traditional HDD?
netuser

Post by netuser »

I have a SSD for Windows and a few HDD's.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

netuser wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:29 am I have a SSD for Windows and a few HDD's.
The logs are looking good.
1 Thing I would like to know, is when the computer freeze, do you see the HDD(ssd) light always lit on your case?

I see that you may have BitDefender. I never really tested DDU with it so maybe it interfere, I don't know...