No display after using DDU

Xqezz

Post by Xqezz »

Long story short, I was changing my gpu and thought it would be a good idea to fresh install my drivers. I installed ddu, booted safe mode and uninstalled drivers. But I checked the option to not letting windows to install drivers automatically. Now there is no display coming and I dont know what to do. I know it is all my fault, I shouldve been more mindful doing something like this. I have a r5 5600x so onboard is not an option. I got an rx580 and an rx 6700 xt if that helps any. I run win 10 64 bit. I got an msi b550 gaming edge wifi motherboard. I would be so happy if there is any way to undo or solve this. So far i tried to use my old gpu, that didnt work. I tried to hard reset my bios by taking out the cmos batterry for 5 mins, that didnt work either. I tried hdmi and display-port, those didnt work. Im thinking of taking my ssd to a different pc to clean install windows. Thanks for reading this far, hope you can help me.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: No display after using DDU

Post by Wagnard »

Xqezz wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:27 am Long story short, I was changing my gpu and thought it would be a good idea to fresh install my drivers. I installed ddu, booted safe mode and uninstalled drivers. But I checked the option to not letting windows to install drivers automatically. Now there is no display coming and I dont know what to do. I know it is all my fault, I shouldve been more mindful doing something like this. I have a r5 5600x so onboard is not an option. I got an rx580 and an rx 6700 xt if that helps any. I run win 10 64 bit. I got an msi b550 gaming edge wifi motherboard. I would be so happy if there is any way to undo or solve this. So far i tried to use my old gpu, that didnt work. I tried to hard reset my bios by taking out the cmos batterry for 5 mins, that didnt work either. I tried hdmi and display-port, those didnt work. Im thinking of taking my ssd to a different pc to clean install windows. Thanks for reading this far, hope you can help me.
Hi, even with the option you selected, you should have a display especially before and when loading windows.
Check the card connection / reseat it, you could clear the CMOS too, check if the card is the primary booting card, etc.
You could remote desktop into the computer (with another computer) and install the driver.