Laptop Won't recognize graphics card after using DDU

afjhal

Post by afjhal »

Hello everyone,,
after having graphics problems with my Toshiba Satallite P70-A I downloaded & used DDU to do a driver clean up. Once I clicked clean & restart, it crashed with in 10 seconds the same as the graphics issue that I had. I re-booted my system & had a system error, c:\Windows\System32\nvspcap.dll the specified module could not be found. I opened device manager & noticed under display adapter that my GeForce GT 745M was missing. I downloaded the latest Nvidia driver from Nvidia.com & once installing & loading it, it says "This Graphics Driver could not find compatable graphics hardware".
I am stuck with this situation. Obviously my graphics card is not being noticed now. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance..

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kasey00

Re: Laptop Won't recognize graphics card after using DDU

Post by Kasey00 »

I have an Alienware M17xR4 laptop, with a Radeon HD7970M in it and an i7 with integrated graphics as well. This is a clean Windows 10 Home 64bit install, as I had the black screen boot problem and couldn't fix it so I figured I'd just start fresh (didn't have a lot to lose). Now that I've gone through all this, I suspect the original problem was because of AMD drivers as well (maybe Windows trying to update them automatically, maybe problem with the card itself, who knows) as it's the exact same problem.