Nvidia Geforce RTX not detected

MickiBerthelot

Post by MickiBerthelot »

I am using an MSI GE75 Raider 9SE that has repeatedly "lost" the Nvidia graphics card, using intel Graphics time. Each time I have followed MSI support advice and managed to restore it. I end up trying so many things though, that I'm not sure what actually works, if anything. This go round I have updated, Bios, Windows, cleaned drivers with DDU, done a restore using my MSI BurnRecovery and probably other things that I don't remember right now. I still don't have the Nvidia Graphics showing up in my device manager so I can update drivers and actually use the graphics. I found DDU on the advice of an MSI support tech. Any advice is appreciated before I put in an RMA to send my machine off to MSI.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Nvidia Geforce RTX not detected

Post by Wagnard »

MickiBerthelot wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:03 am I am using an MSI GE75 Raider 9SE that has repeatedly "lost" the Nvidia graphics card, using intel Graphics time. Each time I have followed MSI support advice and managed to restore it. I end up trying so many things though, that I'm not sure what actually works, if anything. This go round I have updated, Bios, Windows, cleaned drivers with DDU, done a restore using my MSI BurnRecovery and probably other things that I don't remember right now. I still don't have the Nvidia Graphics showing up in my device manager so I can update drivers and actually use the graphics. I found DDU on the advice of an MSI support tech. Any advice is appreciated before I put in an RMA to send my machine off to MSI.
Hi, if your GPU is not listed on device manager then DDU will probably not be able to help you. It seems more like a hardware issue in your case.
YOu could try as a last resort to re-install your Windows OS. If this doesn't work then its clearly a hardware issue or a config maybe in the BIOS.
MickiBerthelot

Re: Nvidia Geforce RTX not detected

Post by MickiBerthelot »

Wagnard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:35 am
MickiBerthelot wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:03 am I am using an MSI GE75 Raider 9SE that has repeatedly "lost" the Nvidia graphics card, using intel Graphics time. Each time I have followed MSI support advice and managed to restore it. I end up trying so many things though, that I'm not sure what actually works, if anything. This go round I have updated, Bios, Windows, cleaned drivers with DDU, done a restore using my MSI BurnRecovery and probably other things that I don't remember right now. I still don't have the Nvidia Graphics showing up in my device manager so I can update drivers and actually use the graphics. I found DDU on the advice of an MSI support tech. Any advice is appreciated before I put in an RMA to send my machine off to MSI.
Hi, if your GPU is not listed on device manager then DDU will probably not be able to help you. It seems more like a hardware issue in your case.
YOu could try as a last resort to re-install your Windows OS. If this doesn't work then its clearly a hardware issue or a config maybe in the BIOS.
Thank you for your prompt response. The notebook is under warranty so back it goes!
bleh.