Why DDU is not touching NVIDIA Corporation folder?

smaddeus

Post by smaddeus »

Why DDU is not touching NVIDIA Corporation folder? It removes drivers for sure, but it leaves out the NVIDIA Corporation folder in ProgramData filder that holds a lot of other stuff that I may or may not know what it does or how it relates, and if I want a clean install would it be smart to removes some if not all folders there as well?
As well as next to NVIDIA Corporation folder is NVIDIA folder with NGX folder in it, and with bunch of various log files and text documents, which can't hurt, so probably no reason to remove and better leave it there.

Another NVIDIA Corporation folder is being untouched, as far as I know, in Program Files, and I see a bunch of .nvi, .nvx, and .dll files inside, and I don't know if they should be left there or not, since, I mean, what DDU should do is to make it so fresh as if I just placed a new GPU in a new system and new windows, leaving 0 traces of nvidia, but i just see bunch of application files types and application extension file types, something I think should be gone as well.

Personally I am dealing with an issue that happened not that long ago, having display issues such as No Signal Detected, already dealing with Gigabyte since I use their motherboard X570 and 2070 Super, after updating BIOS to F20a back when it was in beta, it triggered an issue (triggered, not caused) where after going into sleep mode it shows the NSD on screen and that's it, can have to unplug and plug back in the cable, but then it locks on low resolutions below 1000 (my monitor is 1080p with 144Hz), and frequency locked on 60 and/or 100Hz. I have to restart PC in order to get it back to 144Hz with 1080p, rarely if I just turned on PC I see a bit of pixelated icons on desktop, then checking parameters and seeing that 1080p runs at 60 or 100Hz, and I figured I have to restart PC to get it back to normal. Support recommended to turn on Above 4G Decoding, after that issue was gone. Before I did that I flashed BIOS back to the previous one I had, that worked, the issue was still persisting, like it triggered something. I already tried reinstalling drivers etc., using DDU.

Fast forward to last month when issue happened again after I used their Aorus Engine, which had the old auto tune up settings left on that runs when application is launched, since last time I removed it from auto startup, but the software was left on PC. I was using before the Auto Tune/Boost setting. Before I ran this software I updated BIOS to F30, it wasn't the cause since everything was fine. Issue lied with Aorus Engine I used, and something the beta stage BIOS of F20a(letters after number are not the final versions of BIOS, hence the self named "beta") triggered. Now I am having same issue, already did once DDU and installed driver from GeExperience, issue still persists. Now I contacted with Gigabyte again, this time about graphics card since BIOS settings are fine. They recommended to install some old a*s driver from their page, which is 431.36, even though now it's 451 or something, I had no issues with some drivers prior to that, so I doubt driver was the cause to trigger it even if I describe the whole damn story. I will try the driver and test out if my monitor will show stand by or NSD, if NSD something else is at problem.

I am using Win 10 1909 version, I am not upgrading to 2004 because it breaks/corrupts one other regular user profile, and I tried everything I could find on net with how to fix that error where user can't log in, so I am staying on 1909 unless some time later when MS will fix a lot of issues that may or may not rise up before I will try to update, create new profile, and just copy files over for that user.

Maybe there is something that 2004 version fixes related to this, since 2004 is a big update...though I still have no idea what triggered the issue for my display or card, I mean, Aorus Engine triggered, but what is the true problem here...why.

P.S. I am using DP cable, changing to another DP cable just does the same problem on both GPU DP ports, so it's not cable fault. I mean, I can use HDMI...but I don't want to limit myself to low frequencies because of HDMI limitations.

Sorry I went so lengthy and slightly off topic, but maybe that would help you better to understand if for my case all of the GPU related files and folders should be deleted that may or may not have some settings left that DDU does not delete.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Why DDU is not touching NVIDIA Corporation folder?

Post by Wagnard »

smaddeus wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:57 am Why DDU is not touching NVIDIA Corporation folder? It removes drivers for sure, but it leaves out the NVIDIA Corporation folder in ProgramData filder that holds a lot of other stuff that I may or may not know what it does or how it relates, and if I want a clean install would it be smart to removes some if not all folders there as well?
As well as next to NVIDIA Corporation folder is NVIDIA folder with NGX folder in it, and with bunch of various log files and text documents, which can't hurt, so probably no reason to remove and better leave it there.

Another NVIDIA Corporation folder is being untouched, as far as I know, in Program Files, and I see a bunch of .nvi, .nvx, and .dll files inside, and I don't know if they should be left there or not, since, I mean, what DDU should do is to make it so fresh as if I just placed a new GPU in a new system and new windows, leaving 0 traces of nvidia, but i just see bunch of application files types and application extension file types, something I think should be gone as well.

Personally I am dealing with an issue that happened not that long ago, having display issues such as No Signal Detected, already dealing with Gigabyte since I use their motherboard X570 and 2070 Super, after updating BIOS to F20a back when it was in beta, it triggered an issue (triggered, not caused) where after going into sleep mode it shows the NSD on screen and that's it, can have to unplug and plug back in the cable, but then it locks on low resolutions below 1000 (my monitor is 1080p with 144Hz), and frequency locked on 60 and/or 100Hz. I have to restart PC in order to get it back to 144Hz with 1080p, rarely if I just turned on PC I see a bit of pixelated icons on desktop, then checking parameters and seeing that 1080p runs at 60 or 100Hz, and I figured I have to restart PC to get it back to normal. Support recommended to turn on Above 4G Decoding, after that issue was gone. Before I did that I flashed BIOS back to the previous one I had, that worked, the issue was still persisting, like it triggered something. I already tried reinstalling drivers etc., using DDU.

Fast forward to last month when issue happened again after I used their Aorus Engine, which had the old auto tune up settings left on that runs when application is launched, since last time I removed it from auto startup, but the software was left on PC. I was using before the Auto Tune/Boost setting. Before I ran this software I updated BIOS to F30, it wasn't the cause since everything was fine. Issue lied with Aorus Engine I used, and something the beta stage BIOS of F20a(letters after number are not the final versions of BIOS, hence the self named "beta") triggered. Now I am having same issue, already did once DDU and installed driver from GeExperience, issue still persists. Now I contacted with Gigabyte again, this time about graphics card since BIOS settings are fine. They recommended to install some old a*s driver from their page, which is 431.36, even though now it's 451 or something, I had no issues with some drivers prior to that, so I doubt driver was the cause to trigger it even if I describe the whole damn story. I will try the driver and test out if my monitor will show stand by or NSD, if NSD something else is at problem.

I am using Win 10 1909 version, I am not upgrading to 2004 because it breaks/corrupts one other regular user profile, and I tried everything I could find on net with how to fix that error where user can't log in, so I am staying on 1909 unless some time later when MS will fix a lot of issues that may or may not rise up before I will try to update, create new profile, and just copy files over for that user.

Maybe there is something that 2004 version fixes related to this, since 2004 is a big update...though I still have no idea what triggered the issue for my display or card, I mean, Aorus Engine triggered, but what is the true problem here...why.

P.S. I am using DP cable, changing to another DP cable just does the same problem on both GPU DP ports, so it's not cable fault. I mean, I can use HDMI...but I don't want to limit myself to low frequencies because of HDMI limitations.

Sorry I went so lengthy and slightly off topic, but maybe that would help you better to understand if for my case all of the GPU related files and folders should be deleted that may or may not have some settings left that DDU does not delete.
Hi, usually DDU should remove the Nvidia folder except when there is something unknown to it inside.
Can you send me your DDU logs ([email protected]) so I can investigate why they were not removed in your case?
Thanks