[Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU [Fixed]

Adain
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 pm

[Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU [Fixed]

Post by Adain » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:28 pm

I've ragequit from GeForce Experience and have tried manually downloading and installing my latest drivers but it fails every time. I've uninstalled them and can't re-install. I'm stumped!

Its an Nvidia GeForce GTX 965M

And its gone from Device Manager, right now.

[Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU [Fixed]

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
Wagnard
Site Admin
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:18 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: [Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU

Post by Wagnard » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:41 pm

Adain wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:28 pm
I've ragequit from GeForce Experience and have tried manually downloading and installing my latest drivers but it fails every time. I've uninstalled them and can't re-install. I'm stumped!
Hi,
Try this:
1- Go to safe mode and disconnect your internet
2- Clean your NVIDIA driver with DDU
3- Boot back into not mode (with internet still disconnected)
4- try to install your driver.

5-If not working, send me the DDU logs located within the DDU folder


Edit : Also saw that you have a laptop, may I know the model and make?
Also, try to power it down and remove the battery for 30 sec and them powering back up. I saw in the past some Laptop with issues with windows 10 to get the videocard detected again (Optimus system , intel + nvidia GPU).
A few reboot / shutdown / powerup fix that in most cases.
Be sure you have the latest bios / VBIOS for your system.

Adain
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: [Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU

Post by Adain » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:22 pm

I have an HP Omen 17t

Intel(R) Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
x64 bit running Win 10

BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.22, 9/21/2016


I will try the battery thing now. And I'm not sure how to check the Bios or VBios but I will google!

Edit: Post-Battery removal, Nvidia graphics is still not detected. Intel is only one listed in display adapters

User avatar
Wagnard
Site Admin
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:18 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: [Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU

Post by Wagnard » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Adain wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:22 pm
I have an HP Omen 17t

Intel(R) Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
x64 bit running Win 10

BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.22, 9/21/2016


I will try the battery thing now. And I'm not sure how to check the Bios or VBios but I will google!

Edit: Post-Battery removal, Nvidia graphics is still not detected. Intel is only one listed in display adapters
In device manager, is there anything with a yellow exclamation mark?
Also, having the lastest bios for your laptop is important, it may fix theses issues.

Adain
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: [Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU

Post by Adain » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:41 pm

Yes, "Other Devices" has "Unknown Device" in it.

User avatar
Wagnard
Site Admin
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:18 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: [Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU

Post by Wagnard » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:43 pm

Adain wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:41 pm
Yes, "Other Devices" has "Unknown Device" in it.
Can we do a teamviewer session so I can see if I can fix this fast at distance?
if interested , Email me the ID and Password that teamviewer will give you.
https://www.teamviewer.com

Email : wagnard28@gmail.com

Adain
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: [Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU

Post by Adain » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:48 pm

Sent

User avatar
Wagnard
Site Admin
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:18 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: [Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU

Post by Wagnard » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Adain wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:48 pm
Sent
Fixed after my intervention.

bobbytorta
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Re: [Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU [Fixed]

Post by bobbytorta » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Hello,

The exact same thing is happening to me and I need some help. I've been trying to solve the issue for the last 24 hours, went on every forums... The only solutions seems to be in your hand.

Thanks

User avatar
Wagnard
Site Admin
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:18 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: [Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU [Fixed]

Post by Wagnard » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:54 pm

bobbytorta wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:40 pm
Hello,

The exact same thing is happening to me and I need some help. I've been trying to solve the issue for the last 24 hours, went on every forums... The only solutions seems to be in your hand.

Thanks
Hi, email me your DDU logs at wagnard28@gmail.com
Thanks

Post Reply