I'm having a bit of an issue updating my drivers (and installing now), here's the situation:
I'm running 2 geforce 970 in SLI on Win10 x64. Currently, I'm driverless as I can't get anything to install.
I was running on 373.06, decided to update to 397.64 and couldn't do it. Here's what I've done so far. The file gets to the same point every time, where it jumps from system check to failure. I can't even attempt a clean install.
2. Followed by redownloading file and reinstalling.
3. Downloading Display Driver Uninstaller, Pakistani Talk shows
unpack. Reboot into safe mode and select clean and restart.
4. Reinstalling 397.64 in normal mode to no avail.
5. Attempt to reinstall old 373.06 drivers that worked. These drivers no longer worked.
6. Attempt to reinstall drivers by extracting to D: drive.
7. Repeat step 3, but reinstall 397.64 after rebooting again into safe mode.
Note: I verified that the files in the following folders were deleted before attempting to reinstall:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\
8. Perform Clean install under super user
Download and extract PStools.
Move the PsExec.exe file into your C:\Windows\System32\ folder.
Press Windows key + R and type the following command into the message box. Be sure to replace the path accordingly to your own reference :