I found this tool (ISLC) when I was searching for options to make the game I play more playable on my laptop.
Then 2 videos said that I should set my "free memory is lower than" to 4096 or 4000 but then I saw one of the topics here that said to use 512 to both of the boxes.
What should I really use of the two? Half of my memory (4000 or 4096) or 512?
Thank you in advance for answering this question
Free memory for 8GB of RAM
-
Wagnard
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2056
- Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:18 pm
- Location: 127.0.0.1
Re: Free memory for 8GB of RAM
512Mysi wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:45 pm I found this tool (ISLC) when I was searching for options to make the game I play more playable on my laptop.
Then 2 videos said that I should set my "free memory is lower than" to 4096 or 4000 but then I saw one of the topics here that said to use 512 to both of the boxes.
What should I really use of the two? Half of my memory (4000 or 4096) or 512?
Thank you in advance for answering this question
-
Mysi
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue May 25, 2021 2:31 pm
Re: Free memory for 8GB of RAM
Thank you. Is there a reason why I should 512 on both and not 1024 and 4000?
-
Wagnard
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2056
- Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:18 pm
- Location: 127.0.0.1
Re: Free memory for 8GB of RAM
It is best to not always clean the standby list and keep it for the maximum of time possible but also not let it empty the free memory out either . It is a cache after all.Mysi wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:17 pm Thank you. Is there a reason why I should 512 on both and not 1024 and 4000?
-
Mysi
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue May 25, 2021 2:31 pm
Re: Free memory for 8GB of RAM
Thank you for answering and for your time. God Bless you