Non existent path in error message (1.0.2.4)

r3amped

Post by r3amped »

If this is fixed in 1.0.2.5, then I'm sorry for wasting your time. I just realized I wasn't running on the latest version.

After a unexpected powercycle, without blaming ISLC for that, this error popped up when trying to start the application again and it closed itself.

Code: Select all

System.InvalidOperationException: The Counter layout for the Category specified is invalid, a counter of the type:  AverageCount64, AverageTimer32, CounterMultiTimer, CounterMultiTimerInverse, CounterMultiTimer100Ns, CounterMultiTimer100NsInverse, RawFraction, or SampleFraction has to be immediately followed by any of the base counter types: AverageBase, CounterMultiBase, RawBase or SampleBase.

at System.Diagnostics.CategorySample.GetCounterDefinitionSample(String counter)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.NextSample()

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.NextValue()

at Intelligent_standby_list_cleaner_ISLC.MainWindow.ThreadUpdateData() in [b]C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC - framework\Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC\MainWindow.xaml.cs[/b]:line 341
What stands out here is the filepath to where the xaml is supposed to be located. That path doesn't exist on my computer, and I don't know that username. Static code somewhere? Program started normally second time around.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Non existent path in error message (1.0.2.4)

Post by Wagnard »

r3amped wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:35 pm If this is fixed in 1.0.2.5, then I'm sorry for wasting your time. I just realized I wasn't running on the latest version.

After a unexpected powercycle, without blaming ISLC for that, this error popped up when trying to start the application again and it closed itself.

Code: Select all

System.InvalidOperationException: The Counter layout for the Category specified is invalid, a counter of the type:  AverageCount64, AverageTimer32, CounterMultiTimer, CounterMultiTimerInverse, CounterMultiTimer100Ns, CounterMultiTimer100NsInverse, RawFraction, or SampleFraction has to be immediately followed by any of the base counter types: AverageBase, CounterMultiBase, RawBase or SampleBase.

at System.Diagnostics.CategorySample.GetCounterDefinitionSample(String counter)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.NextSample()

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.NextValue()

at Intelligent_standby_list_cleaner_ISLC.MainWindow.ThreadUpdateData() in [b]C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC - framework\Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC\MainWindow.xaml.cs[/b]:line 341
What stands out here is the filepath to where the xaml is supposed to be located. That path doesn't exist on my computer, and I don't know that username. Static code somewhere? Program started normally second time around.
Hi, forget about the path, it's just debugging stuff from where I compiled it on my end. Your real issue is that the performance counter is either disabled or corrupted.
Try the LODCTR command mentioned in the readme to rebuild the counters.
r3amped

Re: Non existent path in error message (1.0.2.4)

Post by r3amped »

It's all good. As I mentioned it started normally second time around, I only wanted to mention the path if that was of any importance :)