Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC) v1.0.2.3 Released

Nicholas Steel

Re: Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC) v1.0.2.2 Released

Post by Nicholas Steel »

I use the "Make Text Bigger" option within PC Settings > Ease of Access > Display. This results in various text being cut-off or over/under-lapping UI elements, please consider doing something to improve this situation.

For example make the window bigger and space everything out a little more while increasing room for text so that it doesn't end up cut-off arbitrarily.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Nicholas Steel wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:52 am I use the "Make Text Bigger" option within PC Settings > Ease of Access > Display. This results in various text being cut-off or over/under-lapping UI elements, please consider doing something to improve this situation.

For example make the window bigger and space everything out a little more while increasing room for text so that it doesn't end up cut-off arbitrarily.
Thanks for the report, I will see what I can do.

Vixo

Post by Vixo »

Vixo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:26 pm After I rebooted my current timer resolution is: "0,4882ms". Is this a problem? Does it need to be 0,5ms? It was 0,5ms the first 3-4 reboots this evening. I started using the program today. So it was 0.5ms the first reboots but now suddenly it's 0,4882ms.
Should I re-install? I tried stopping it, putting 0.50, starting - didn't work, goes back to 0,4882ms.
Edit.
Fault from my side. I was fiddling with HPET in BIOS. Didn't know it affected yesterday. Did some reading today.

I don't know. I think I wanna have HPET disabled and just use 0,4991ms as timer resolution? Might experience more but it feels good now. The responsiveness (input lag) and performance (fps).
HPET disabled in BIOS with this in the "bcdedit /enum":
useplatformclock: No
useplatformtick: No
disabledynamictick: Yes

Any input on this? Got an old 4670k @ 4.5 ghz, RX 570 4 gb, 8 gb ram 2000 mhz 10-10-10-30.
I only play WoW; CPU heavy and input lag doesn't matter much there anyway(?)

thinkii

Post by thinkii »

Is it bad to have current time resolution to 0.4882 instead of 0.5?

If so, how can I fix that?

Thanks in advance!

Tatsumi RZ

Post by Tatsumi RZ »

Image this is my problem it was working normaly but after the last weeks this start puping up and the app closed

The Solid lad

Post by The Solid lad »

thinkii wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:42 am Is it bad to have current time resolution to 0.4882 instead of 0.5?

If so, how can I fix that?

Thanks in advance!
Enable HPET in BIOS, and read previous forum replies.

The Solid lad

Post by The Solid lad »

I'm on w7 64bit and for some reason, Current resolution doesn't go lower than 1ms.
Any solution?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sh1mZ

Post by sh1mZ »

Getting this error pls help.
https://ibb.co/ggxFZNB

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Read the readme file for the LODCTR command.

JOdyer

Re: Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC) v1.0.0.7 Released

Post by JOdyer »

Michoko wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:35 pm Very good idea, thank you for this nice piece of software!

I'd like to run ISLC at startup (but only for a given user). I tried to put a shortcut to the program here:

C:\Users\MyName\AppGBWAData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

But when I log in Windows 10, ISLC is not launched. I tried to create a bat file, but the long name of the EXE seems to cause an issue. I put the following command:

start "Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC.exe"

but it just opens a new command line window. If I rename the EXE to just "ISLC.EXE", then the start command works, but for some reason, the settings are not saved.

Ideally, it would be great to have an option to run the program at startup (for the current user). If it's not possible, renaming the EXE to just "ISLC.EXE" might help with creating a batch file?

Thank you very much!
This is the fix for my stuttering issues. I really hope the few of us who know about this would please spread this across the forums and make everyone aware it's a memory allocation issue in Windows. It seems they completely screwed up memory management...