Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC) v1.0.3.2 Released (updated)

OpenMind23

Re: Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC) v1.0.1.1 Released

Post by OpenMind23 »

Wagnard wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:38 am
OpenMind23 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:13 am Just wanted to ask if there was a know issue with v1.0.1.1 with not auto purging when the 2 criteria are met? As mine never auto purges the list when the threshold is passed.

Thanks for any help with this issue :)
Not as far as I know.
IF you think such thing happens, post a screenshot of when you think ISLC should have purged.
I now understand what is happening. The program runs fine when used manually to start it. What I was doing was using task scheduler to start it automatically when windows started, but the problem is, it only launches the program but doesn't actually "start" it, if you understand me. Is there a way to have this program run automatically and have the program "started" in the process? Thanks :)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

OpenMind23 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:09 pm
OpenMind23 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:13 am Just wanted to ask if there was a know issue with v1.0.1.1 with not auto purging when the 2 criteria are met? As mine never auto purges the list when the threshold is passed.

Thanks for any help with this issue :)
Not as far as I know.
IF you think such thing happens, post a screenshot of when you think ISLC should have purged.
I now understand what is happening. The program runs fine when used manually to start it. What I was doing was using task scheduler to start it automatically when windows started, but the problem is, it only launches the program but doesn't actually "start" it, if you understand me. Is there a way to have this program run automatically and have the program "started" in the process? Thanks :)
On the program, tick the tick box "Start Minimized" this will fix your issue.
OpenMind23

Post by OpenMind23 »

Wagnard wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:34 pm
OpenMind23 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:09 pm

Not as far as I know.
On the program, tick the tick box "Start Minimized" this will fix your issue.
I had it minimized. The only way I noticed this was happening was to end the task and restart it. It was then I discovered that the app hadn't purged anything whilst running in the background. Thanks :)
scrabb

Post by scrabb »

I can't get the program to start minimized. I've clicked the checkbox, I've scheduled task manager to start the program at login, i've even placed the shortcut in my startup folder but I always have to manually start the program. I know the program isn't working at login because I can get my free memory under 1024, and only when I start ISLC will standby be cleared and free memory usage go up. Is their a benefit to using this program versus just allowing task scheduler to run emptystandbylist.exe every 5 minutes?

Well, having a user interface is nice and once I start the program it does exactly what it's supposed to. But I'm hoping for a set it and forget it type of experience so having to manually start it each time at login sort of defeats the purpose.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

scrabb wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:01 am I can't get the program to start minimized. I've clicked the checkbox, I've scheduled task manager to start the program at login, i've even placed the shortcut in my startup folder but I always have to manually start the program. I know the program isn't working at login because I can get my free memory under 1024, and only when I start ISLC will standby be cleared and free memory usage go up. Is their a benefit to using this program versus just allowing task scheduler to run emptystandbylist.exe every 5 minutes?

Well, having a user interface is nice and once I start the program it does exactly what it's supposed to. But I'm hoping for a set it and forget it type of experience so having to manually start it each time at login sort of defeats the purpose.
On the task you have scheduled, there is a check box to allow to run with higher privilege. It must be ticked.
scrabb

Post by scrabb »

Wagnard wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:32 am
scrabb wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:01 am I can't get the program to start minimized. I've clicked the checkbox, I've scheduled task manager to start the program at login, i've even placed the shortcut in my startup folder but I always have to manually start the program. I know the program isn't working at login because I can get my free memory under 1024, and only when I start ISLC will standby be cleared and free memory usage go up. Is their a benefit to using this program versus just allowing task scheduler to run emptystandbylist.exe every 5 minutes?

On the task you have scheduled, there is a check box to allow to run with higher privilege. It must be ticked.
Yea, I did that.
scrabb

Post by scrabb »

So changing user or group in task scheduler to SYSTEM fixed my issue. In case anyone else was having a similar issue not getting ISLC to start up. The program still doesn't start minimized, but i'm just happy it works now.
Straxaya

Post by Straxaya »

Hey there, I recently downloaded the ISLC software and I was just wondering how many MB is recommended on the standby list? I am currently running 8 GB of RAM and I am just looking to fix my stuttering ingame and just don't wanna f**k up my PC either. Just thought that 1024 might be too much, and maybe I should do 512 instead? Thank you in advance :D
Straxaya

Post by Straxaya »

Hey there, was just wondering how many MB's is recommended for the ISLC? Currently running 8 GB of RAM and I don't wanna mess up my PC but I really want to fix my FPS stutters ingame (I am talking about the standby section FYI). Thank you in advance :D
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Straxaya wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:39 am Hey there, was just wondering how many MB's is recommended for the ISLC? Currently running 8 GB of RAM and I don't wanna mess up my PC but I really want to fix my FPS stutters ingame (I am talking about the standby section FYI). Thank you in advance :D
yeah 512 on both setting should work.
There is no risk with this application.