Not purging when criteria is met

JoeHizzy

Post by JoeHizzy »

I am unsure if I am missing something here. I have read through the forum and was unable to find anything to help me understand my issue.
This is running on Win 10. 9th gen Intel I7 with 16GB of ram and two RTX 2080 Supers. I have tried running ISLC as both my local account (which is an admin) and also using run as admin.

In the screenshot I can see my free memory is @3470MB where the threshold is set to 5000MB. As well The Standby list shows it is @ 8629MB where my threshold is set to 1024MB.

ISLC-Not_Purging.png
ISLC-Not_Purging.png (89.25 KiB) Viewed 735 times
When I play games the system will eventually use all the available memory and start to struggle. If I perform a manual purge using the button, the game seems to recover and perform well again. However if I do not manually purge the list, it never recovers and the number of times purged never increases. If I am missing something please let me know. If you need additional information please let me know.

Thanks to anyone that can give me some guidance.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Not purging when criteria is met

Post by Wagnard »

JoeHizzy wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:40 pm I am unsure if I am missing something here. I have read through the forum and was unable to find anything to help me understand my issue.
This is running on Win 10. 9th gen Intel I7 with 16GB of ram and two RTX 2080 Supers. I have tried running ISLC as both my local account (which is an admin) and also using run as admin.

In the screenshot I can see my free memory is @3470MB where the threshold is set to 5000MB. As well The Standby list shows it is @ 8629MB where my threshold is set to 1024MB.

ISLC-Not_Purging.png

When I play games the system will eventually use all the available memory and start to struggle. If I perform a manual purge using the button, the game seems to recover and perform well again. However if I do not manually purge the list, it never recovers and the number of times purged never increases. If I am missing something please let me know. If you need additional information please let me know.

Thanks to anyone that can give me some guidance.
Normally it should work purge by according to what I see in your screenshot. The only thing I think about that prevent it is if you have an application in the exclusion list.If you have an application .exe in your exclusion list that is currently running, , ISLC wont purge.