Can't Install nVidia Drivers

Here you can chat about anything as long as it is legal, respectful and that respect the rules
tentman717

Post by tentman717 »

Hi there,

I recently tried to update to the newest game ready driver for my nVidia 1070 however when I tried it wouldnt work (through GFE). So I uninstalled GFE and tried reinstalling it to find that GFE now won't install. So i tried skipping that and just went straight for the new drivers and now they won't install. I ran the newest version of DDU in safemode and did a clean, and I also went through and manually checked for any left of reg keys etc. Not sure what to do now, I'm at a loss, it's like i dont even have a GPU in the computer. The only thing I see in Device Manager is Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor, then after I run the drivers it moves to other devices with a ! next to it and just says "Display".

Any help out there? Could we do this via team viewer? heard you guys are magicians :D

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Can't Install nVidia Drivers

Post by Wagnard »

tentman717 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:47 pm Hi there,

I recently tried to update to the newest game ready driver for my nVidia 1070 however when I tried it wouldnt work (through GFE). So I uninstalled GFE and tried reinstalling it to find that GFE now won't install. So i tried skipping that and just went straight for the new drivers and now they won't install. I ran the newest version of DDU in safemode and did a clean, and I also went through and manually checked for any left of reg keys etc. Not sure what to do now, I'm at a loss, it's like i dont even have a GPU in the computer. The only thing I see in Device Manager is Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor, then after I run the drivers it moves to other devices with a ! next to it and just says "Display".

Any help out there? Could we do this via team viewer? heard you guys are magicians :D
Hi,
I will try to help.
First of all, can you send me the DDU logs? ( info@wagnardsoft.com )

Barrygaday

Cant Install nVidia Drivers

Post by Barrygaday »

my computer has been off for 3 months i just turned it on so i dont think it needs a reboot lololol

JOdyer

Re: Can't Install nVidia Drivers

Post by JOdyer »

Something is similar happen to my ATI Radeon HD 5450 whenever I tried to install the latest version of NVidia it says it is not compatible for this videocard but friend also had this video card and he successfully install the latest version.