uninstall NVIDIA driver

Here you can chat about anything as long as it is legal, respectful and that respect the rules
Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: uninstall NVIDIA driver

Post by Wagnard »

tdh10 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:38 am I recently had a problem when I put a new GTX690 card into my PC.
I have 3 monitors and previously I had been running 2 x GTX570 cards.
One of the 570 cards failed and that's when I got the new 690 which I thought would run all 3 monitors.
However, when I put it in, I could only get one monitor up.
It wouldn't even see either of the other two monitors.
Anyway, I decided after upgrading all drivers and still having no luck, to try DDU which I had found after a google search.
I ran it in Windows 10 Pro (not safe mode) and chose to not have windows install drivers.
When it got to the point of a restart, it would get to the Windows landscape picture where you normally click and the sign in box appears but it didn't appear.
Humm that's seem more a windows issue than anything related to ddu. Reboot the pc and try again. Also instead of clicking, try enter key a few time or the esc key. Or try with the mise to click (hold) and move the image up.

Sponsor

Sponsor

vasudev1

Post by vasudev1 »

tdh10 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:38 am I recently had a problem when I put a new GTX690 card into my PC.
I have 3 monitors and previously I had been running 2 x GTX570 cards.
One of the 570 cards failed and that's when I got the new 690 which I thought would run all 3 monitors.
However, when I put it in, I could only get one monitor up.
It wouldn't even see either of the other two monitors.
Anyway, I decided after upgrading all drivers and still having no luck, to try DDU which I had found after a google search.
I ran it in Windows 10 Pro (not safe mode) and chose to not have windows install drivers.
When it got to the point of a restart, it would get to the Windows landscape picture where you normally click and the sign in box appears but it didn't appear.
Its a win 10 bug. I had same issue after I updated my v1803 to build 472.
I did a test where I felt Visual studio 2015 and their sub-components weren't properly working after update. So, I used forced uninstall tool from MSFT to uninstall VS2015 by running the tool 4-5 times until none of them were present. Afterwards, I had to delete Package Cache folder under Program Data(Optional step) to completely remove VS installers instances. After that, I cleaned NET assemebly and other netfx cached entries using Dism++.
Rebooted the system then recompiled the ngen framework to be optimised for my system using ngen update. So the issue is now gone.

Code: Select all

cd C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/
ngen update
cd C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/
ngen update
I had similar issue where keyboard and mouse won't respond when you're on lock-screen and it hangs there for 5mins or so and then it responds to keyboard and mouse events and Password text box appears and then logs on to Win 10.