DDU Stuck "Starting Registry Cleanup" for 1:20 hours

Here you can chat about anything as long as it is legal, respectful and that respect the rules
JessieC

Post by JessieC »

Hello!

I started DDU on safe mode to remove Nvidia driver. I clicked on "Clean and Restart" and saw the Log filling almost every second until getting: "Starting Registry cleanup" message. That was 1:20h ago... and nothing happened after that, I just see the application with -disabled- buttons. Doesn't seems to be frozen as the Task Manager does NOT say that is "not responding" so I guess is still working?
Should I wait longer or is this behavior expected? Or should I close it and try again?

Thanks!!!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU Stuck "Starting Registry Cleanup" for 1:20 hours

Post by Wagnard »

JessieC wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:09 pm Hello!

I started DDU on safe mode to remove Nvidia driver. I clicked on "Clean and Restart" and saw the Log filling almost every second until getting: "Starting Registry cleanup" message. That was 1:20h ago... and nothing happened after that, I just see the application with -disabled- buttons. Doesn't seems to be frozen as the Task Manager does NOT say that is "not responding" so I guess is still working?
Should I wait longer or is this behavior expected? Or should I close it and try again?

Thanks!!!!
Hi, this is way too long, it should take less than 2 minutes.
Were you using the latest version?
Force close it and if there is a log generated, please send it to me at [email protected]