Used ddu now bad things happen

Poopadelic

Post by Poopadelic »

Used this program lastnight.I put my computer in safe mode and the ran the program and selected my gpu to clean drivers,then I selected clean and shutdown.The computer did shut down but now it won’t power up.I do have the green power light on my motherboard but nothing is happening when I hit the power button...nothing.I had no problems until I used the program..What’s up with that?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Used ddu now bad things happen

Post by Wagnard »

Poopadelic wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:51 am Used this program lastnight.I put my computer in safe mode and the ran the program and selected my gpu to clean drivers,then I selected clean and shutdown.The computer did shut down but now it won’t power up.I do have the green power light on my motherboard but nothing is happening when I hit the power button...nothing.I had no problems until I used the program..What’s up with that?
Hi,
From what you are reporting, it is 100% sure that this isn't a DDU issue. The reason is simple, DDU can't prevent à computer from turning On. DDU remove files and registry keys and if something goes wrong, the worst case scenario is that windows won't load. But the computer will still Power on and you should be able to see / access the bios.

So. I suggest you unplug the computer from the wall and check your hardware connection. Could be as simple as the wire of the power button that could be loose.
Poopadelic

Post by Poopadelic »

I touched nothing.The program put turned off my pc and now nothing.ill look it over when I get home after work ,it was late when it happend.if I get it going again I’m not using any programs like this again lol
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Poopadelic wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:29 am I touched nothing.The program put turned off my pc and now nothing.ill look it over when I get home after work ,it was late when it happend.if I get it going again I’m not using any programs like this again lol
I'm sorry for the problem you have but a software like this can't physically break a computer. It's just a sad coincidence.
Poopadelic

Post by Poopadelic »

No problem man.I went ahead and did some testing and it was the power button it was faulty.Looks to go bad right when I did the program.The drivers did get cleaned though 😆,thanks for replying and I’m sorry for the trouble.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Poopadelic wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:03 am No problem man.I went ahead and did some testing and it was the power button it was faulty.Looks to go bad right when I did the program.The drivers did get cleaned though 😆,thanks for replying and I’m sorry for the trouble.
No worries man, I can fully understand that you may have thought DDU was the culprit as it was the last thing you did. Many would have thought the same thing. ;)