DDU doesn't start [System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer]

ChuWie

Post by ChuWie »

Hi,

unfortunately DDU fails to start correctly on my Win7 machine and gives me an error window with basically what is written in the logs.

Here is the logfile:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<DisplayDriverUninstaller Version="17.0.8.3">
<LogEntries>
<Error>
<Time>2/6/2018 7:52:30 AM</Time>
<Message>Some part of window loading failed!
&gt;&gt; LaunchMainWindow()</Message>
<ExceptionData>
<Message>The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer' threw an exception.</Message>
<TargetSite>OnSelectionChanged</TargetSite>
<Source>PresentationFramework</Source>
<StackTrace> at System.Windows.Controls.ListBox.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.End()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.SelectJustThisItem(ItemInfo info, Boolean assumeInItemsCollection)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.OnSelectedIndexChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry&amp; newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.frmMain.UpdateTextMethod(String strMessage) in C:\Users\Ghislain Harvey\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\frmMain.xaml.vb:line 6891
at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.frmMain.GetGPUDetails(Boolean firstLaunch) in C:\Users\Ghislain Harvey\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\frmMain.xaml.vb:line 6472
at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.frmMain.cbLanguage_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Ghislain Harvey\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\frmMain.xaml.vb:line 5666
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBox.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.End()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.SelectJustThisItem(ItemInfo info, Boolean assumeInItemsCollection)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.OnSelectedItemChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry&amp; newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.InvalidateProperty(DependencyProperty dp, Boolean preserveCurrentValue)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.Invalidate(Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.TransferValue(Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.Activate(Object item)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.AttachToContext(AttachAttempt attempt)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.MS.Internal.Data.IDataBindEngineClient.AttachToContext(Boolean lastChance)
at MS.Internal.Data.DataBindEngine.Task.Run(Boolean lastChance)
at MS.Internal.Data.DataBindEngine.Run(Object arg)
at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.fireLayoutUpdateEvent()
at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.SetLayoutSize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.set_RootVisualInternal(Visual value)
at System.Windows.Window.SetRootVisual()
at System.Windows.Window.SetRootVisualAndUpdateSTC()
at System.Windows.Window.SetupInitialState(Double requestedTop, Double requestedLeft, Double requestedWidth, Double requestedHeight)
at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean duringShow)
at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.Application.LaunchMainWindow() in C:\Users\Ghislain Harvey\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\Application.xaml.vb:line 242</StackTrace>
</ExceptionData>
</Error>
<Event>
<Time>2/6/2018 7:52:30 AM</Time>
<Message>&gt;&gt; Successfully saved log to file!</Message>
</Event>
<Event>
<Time>2/6/2018 7:52:33 AM</Time>
<Message>&gt;&gt; Successfully saved log to file!</Message>
</Event>
</LogEntries>
</DisplayDriverUninstaller>
- x64 folder and paeexec.exe has been created.
- DDU folder in exclusion of Windows defender set
- .NET Framework 4.7.1 installed
- Win7 enterprise SP1
- tried extracting w/ WinRAR and 7zip
- tried started as administrator and normal
- starts neither on secure boot, nor normal boot.

Help is appreciated.

Cheers,

ChuWie

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU doesn't start [System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer]

Post by Wagnard »

I'll try to get some info on this error.
Thanks for reporring.

Try to put the DDU folder on your desktop and see if this change something.
ChuWie

Post by ChuWie »

No change whether I put it on the Desktop, nor directly on C:\
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

ChuWie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:46 am No change whether I put it on the Desktop, nor directly on C:\
Are you on windows 7 x64
I'll have probably to make a VM on my side and test with the. Net version you have.
My first thought are that maybe you have a problem with your. Net installation. But that just a guess.
ChuWie

Post by ChuWie »

Yes, it's Win7 x64.
I just deinstalled the driver now manually and ran the CCleaner tool over it.
If you want you can test it with my .NET version on your VM but it's not necessary.
As you said, there is probably just something messed up with my system then.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

ChuWie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:47 pm Yes, it's Win7 x64.
I just deinstalled the driver now manually and ran the CCleaner tool over it.
If you want you can test it with my .NET version on your VM but it's not necessary.
As you said, there is probably just something messed up with my system then.
I'll still do some tests just in cases, if you happen to fix it on your end, I would appreciate you tell me.
I think you should start by just re-installing the .Net framework.
jpe1701

Post by jpe1701 »

Hi,
I'm having the exact same issue with Windows 10 pro on the latest release.
jpe1701

Post by jpe1701 »

I tried putting it on the desktop and that worked!
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

jpe1701 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 am I tried putting it on the desktop and that worked!
Where did you put it at first?
jpe1701

Post by jpe1701 »

First I had left it in my downloads folder on my storage hdd. It always worked from there. I had a copy of 17.0.2.1 and it works from there.