Startup selection changed

saad

Post by saad »

Thank you so much for having such a good program to remove display drivers. Otherwise, it is not easy to remove a display driver completely from a system.

I have a Windows 10 (1709) 64-bit system. I started Windows in Safe Mode and then ran DDU to uninstall NVIDIA display driver. Before I started the Windows in Safe Mode, my Startup selection was "Normal startup". When DDU finished uninstalling the display driver and restarted the Windows, the Startup selection settings were not the same, it selected "Selective startup" instead of "Normal startup". I started Windows in Safe Mode again, chose "Normal startup" and restarted the system, the settings were changed successfully. I think this behavior should be changed.
Startup_selection.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Startup selection changed

Post by Wagnard »

saad wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:00 pm Thank you so much for having such a good program to remove display drivers. Otherwise, it is not easy to remove a display driver completely from a system.

I have a Windows 10 (1709) 64-bit system. I started Windows in Safe Mode and then ran DDU to uninstall NVIDIA display driver. Before I started the Windows in Safe Mode, my Startup selection was "Normal startup". When DDU finished uninstalling the display driver and restarted the Windows, the Startup selection settings were not the same, it selected "Selective startup" instead of "Normal startup". I started Windows in Safe Mode again, chose "Normal startup" and restarted the system, the settings were changed successfully. I think this behavior should be changed.

Startup_selection.PNG
I'll see if I can do something about this. Thanks for reporting.

Edit: I was not able to repro.

On my system, I checked in normal mode that in 'msconfig' Normal startup is selected and within DDU, I selected to go into safe mode, once there, I did not clean any drivers, I closed DDU and I restarted.
Once in normal mode, I checked again 'msconfig' and it was on normal startup.
Can you check if doing the same thing does the same result? maybe something else changed it.