"Recover" Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

danielocdh

Post by danielocdh »

I forgot to disable automatic driver installations and windows installed the nvidia driver for my GTX 1070 while I was setting up other things, so I thought ok let's just use DDU as I will install nvidia driver later.
Before using DDU my display adapter didn't show any error on the device manager.
After using DDU it is expanded by default and showing this error:

Code: Select all

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter.
I was about to create a system image so I removed/disabled system protection to save space. So I can't restore.
The system took me most of the day to set up, I will use it to test basic video card/risers compatibility and was counting on the video cards showing there without errors. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: "Recover" Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Post by Wagnard »

danielocdh wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:32 pm I forgot to disable automatic driver installations and windows installed the nvidia driver for my GTX 1070 while I was setting up other things, so I thought ok let's just use DDU as I will install nvidia driver later.
Before using DDU my display adapter didn't show any error on the device manager.
After using DDU it is expanded by default and showing this error:

Code: Select all

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter.
I was about to create a system image so I removed/disabled system protection to save space. So I can't restore.
The system took me most of the day to set up, I will use it to test basic video card/risers compatibility and was counting on the video cards showing there without errors. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks
Hi,
Please provide me the DDU logs (located within the DDU folder), where exactly you saw the error you mentioned above and a Screenshot of you device manager.

It is also possible that nothing is wrong and that he nVidia driver will install without a problem.
danielocdh

Re: "Recover" Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Post by danielocdh »

The idea was to test several cards/risers without the driver (to avoid driver install on the first pass, as it is a slow CPU/HD system), just basic connectivity/functionality, that's why I was interested in the devices showing on device manager without error.

I don't have a screenshot anymore, but it was just the video card on the device manager recognized as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" showing a yellow icon with the error message I posted before.

I realized I saved most of the tweaks I applied yesterday so I decided to just re-format and it didn't took so long to configure everything again.

I attach the log anyway just in case there is something that needs to be addressed.

Thank you for your time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.