Used DDU to uninstall AMD drivers; USB3.0 no longer works (Win10)

whattapancake

Post by whattapancake »

Hello, here are the specs of my computer:

Intel i5-3570K
MSI Z77A-G41
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
Seagate 600 Pro 480GB SSD + Seagate 1TB HDD
Upgraded from XFX R9-280X to ASUS GTX970.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I used DDU to uninstall the AMD drivers, and installed the correct NVIDIA drivers for my 970. The card works fine with no issues, but since using DDU, my USB3.0 ports no longer work on the front or back of the system. Windows does not detect when I plug anything into them, and the devices don't light up or appear to receive any power at all. I tried grabbing Intel's USB3.0 controller drivers from their website, but they're "not compatible" with Windows 10. I don't know what drivers Windows 10 automatically installed before this, nor do I know how to reinstall those drivers or re-enable allowing Windows 10 to install drivers for me. The ports worked perfectly fine before uninstalling the drivers, so it's not an OS issue.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Used DDU to uninstall AMD drivers; USB3.0 no longer works (Win10)

Post by Wagnard »

whattapancake wrote:Hello, here are the specs of my computer:

Intel i5-3570K
MSI Z77A-G41
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
Seagate 600 Pro 480GB SSD + Seagate 1TB HDD
Upgraded from XFX R9-280X to ASUS GTX970.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I used DDU to uninstall the AMD drivers, and installed the correct NVIDIA drivers for my 970. The card works fine with no issues, but since using DDU, my USB3.0 ports no longer work on the front or back of the system. Windows does not detect when I plug anything into them, and the devices don't light up or appear to receive any power at all. I tried grabbing Intel's USB3.0 controller drivers from their website, but they're "not compatible" with Windows 10. I don't know what drivers Windows 10 automatically installed before this, nor do I know how to reinstall those drivers or re-enable allowing Windows 10 to install drivers for me. The ports worked perfectly fine before uninstalling the drivers, so it's not an OS issue.
grab me a screenshot of your device manager.
If you recently installed this card, you may have move by error the USB cable from your front system and may not be correctly plugged on your motherboard.
vasudev1

Re: Used DDU to uninstall AMD drivers; USB3.0 no longer works (Win10)

Post by vasudev1 »

Maybe it might not be intel usb3 try MSI driver CD to find out.