Autoinstall

Sixteniv

Autoinstall

Post by Sixteniv »

Hello everyone! :D

I just downloaded the DDU 17.0.9.1 and unpack it and restart in safe mode and I click "clean and restart" but DDU does not disable the "windows autoinstall driver" as it usually do when I do this! So when it boots back up it installs an old NVidia driver auto...

Something changed?!

Autoinstall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Autoinstall

Post by Wagnard »

Sixteniv wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:59 pm Hello everyone! :D

I just downloaded the DDU 17.0.9.1 and unpack it and restart in safe mode and I click "clean and restart" but DDU does not disable the "windows autoinstall driver" as it usually do when I do this! So when it boots back up it installs an old NVidia driver auto...

Something changed?!
Yes, it is the option menu and was stated in the change log in earlier version ;)
manwellgoodman

Post by manwellgoodman »

Hello, I hae the same problem. I tried downloading latest version 18.0.0.1, marking and unmarking that box and windows keep installing the graphic card automatically after DDU uninstall it. I there another method to stop windows installing the card?

Best Regards,
Manuel
Forceflow

Post by Forceflow »

Yeah, I never had this problem before.
With 18.0.0.1, I could safe mode DDU, reboot, and install the Nvidia driver without windows interfering.
With 18.0.0.2, windows started interfering and I indeed had to manually unplug the ethernet cable.

Windows 1809.

I now see in the changelog for 17.x that this has changed, but I didn't encounter any issues with it until 18.0.0.2. Weird.

Maybe I should just stop DDU'ing by default when installing a new driver.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Forceflow wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:26 pm Yeah, I never had this problem before.
With 18.0.0.1, I could safe mode DDU, reboot, and install the Nvidia driver without windows interfering.
With 18.0.0.2, windows started interfering and I indeed had to manually unplug the ethernet cable.

Windows 1809.

I now see in the changelog for 17.x that this has changed, but I didn't encounter any issues with it until 18.0.0.2. Weird.

Maybe I should just stop DDU'ing by default when installing a new driver.
The the DDU option, there is a check box to prevent windows update down loading the driver.
Also note that this option was resettled to default if you upgraded Windows 10 to 1809.