Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.5.1.0 Released.

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.5.1.0 Released.

Post by Wagnard »

vasudev1 wrote:
Wagnard wrote: Nah, I don't really know how to directly talk to the gsync module.
Sorry
Could it be possible that remnants of Gsync is in AppData of user's profile on Win 7 and above? Sometimes explorer.exe gets in the way and messes up during cleanup, which is why I close explorer.exe to get rid off any locks if any.
can you get me a screen shot of theses remnants? I dont have a gsync monitor so maybe they are not created on my side.

Sponsor

Sponsor

vasudev1

Post by vasudev1 »

Wagnard wrote: can you get me a screen shot of theses remnants? I dont have a gsync monitor so maybe they are not created on my side.
Sorry @wagnard, I don't have a Gsync capable monitor. I was merely suggesting the idea to @cookieboyeli.
Buddypal

Post by Buddypal »

Hey Wagnard, i was directed here by Nvidia support and it seems like you have a reliable fix, but after i download the DDU, extract the file, the attempt to open the application, it immediately opens a "Display Driver Uninstaller has stopped working.." every single time. I was wondering if you might be aware of a solution to this issue
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Buddypal wrote:Hey Wagnard, i was directed here by Nvidia support and it seems like you have a reliable fix, but after i download the DDU, extract the file, the attempt to open the application, it immediately opens a "Display Driver Uninstaller has stopped working.." every single time. I was wondering if you might be aware of a solution to this issue
Be sure to have a .NET Framework installed (3.5 or higher).
Buddypal

Post by Buddypal »

So, i updated my .NET framework and the application ran as it should have. After restart i installed the latest graphicas driver for my geforce gtx 660 and performed and clean install and the install completed. When it prompted for restart to complete installation, and the restart started, i still have the same returning issue of the black screen after installation reboot
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Buddypal wrote:So, i updated my .NET framework and the application ran as it should have. After restart i installed the latest graphicas driver for my geforce gtx 660 and performed and clean install and the install completed. When it prompted for restart to complete installation, and the restart started, i still have the same returning issue of the black screen after installation reboot
The issue could be driver related. maybe change DVI port to HDMI or vice-versa.
Try to see if changing these help : Disabling UFI or enabling CMS in the bios.