Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.0.1 Released.

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Requirement:
-Windows XP up to Windows 10 Fall Creator update 1803 (17134.xx) (anything higher is at your own risk)
-NVIDIA, AMD, Intel GPUs
-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or higher

Changelog:
-Additional NVIDIA cleanup
-Fixed the System environment path cleanup
-Translation update Slovenian.xml Turkish.xml
-Selected type combo box is now translatable
-Added many missing verification for "Nothing" when using the registry.

Known issues:
-DDU may be flagged by your AV as a PUA/PUP (potentially unwanted application / potentially unwanted program)

SHA1: 906B494AD862F16DB3BA00C4A56957D5EAA6CEFE

Big thanks to the following Patron and also those who aren't listed!
-honnmaguro

For a guide , check : https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

Recommended usage:
-You MUST disconnect your internet or completely block Windows Update when running DDU until you have re-installed your new drivers.
-DDU should be used when having a problem uninstalling / installing a driver or when switching GPU brand.
-DDU should not be used every time you install a new driver unless you know what you are doing.
-DDU will not work on network drive. Please install in a local drive (C:, D: or else).
-The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
-If you are using DDU in normal mode, Clean, reboot, clean again, reboot.
-Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
-It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.
Note: If you have issues for downloading the file, it could be one of your extension interfering with our hotlink protection.

Here is an application from 1 of my partner that we recommend.
It is a useful tool that may help you update outdated drivers.

Official Download Here
If you wish to help DDU, you can make a Donation.
Or
Support us over our PATREON page.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Societal

Re: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.0.1 Released.

Post by Societal »

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Build 10.0.17134.286 (1803)
AMD (current driver 18.8.1)

v17.0.9.1 works fine for me in Safe Mode
v18.0.0.1 leaves all the clean and restart options greyed out
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Societal wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:12 pm Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Build 10.0.17134.286 (1803)
AMD (current driver 18.8.1)

v17.0.9.1 works fine for me in Safe Mode
v18.0.0.1 leaves all the clean and restart options greyed out
Are you sure you didn't forget to select the AMD card?
Societal

Post by Societal »

:lol: Doh I was looking through the menu at the top trying to find how to select it.

Q: About the Realtek functionality you added. Is that for moving from one motherboard to another with semi-custom drivers? I haven't seen an update on their website in over a year (R282). I've always used the ones directly from Realtek instead of the motherboard manufacturer.
Mintyyf

Post by Mintyyf »

I have this permanently saved on my external to make sure I can always get rid of NVIDIA. So thank you for that.

Just had a comment and a question. The part in the guide that gives the option of ,Remove “GeForce Experience” display driver installer cache/files (NVIDIA only) is not on this version. Since I read the whole thing and you mentioned letting you know if any changes were required.

As far as my question, I hadn't gotten Windows 10 until now so I have no had to use it on win 10. Is windows update going to redownload NVIDIA after it notices I no longer have it and is there a way to prevent this. And that leads me if DDU was intended to just remove display drivers so you reinstall a more compatible version manually, or can you also use it to permanently remove them and not reinstall them.

I have had my laptop for ages now and while I utilized NVIDIA before I don't need it at all right now. In fact it just keeps running in the background and reinstalling if I uninstall it. My laptop just can't handle any extra things.

Thank you! Have a great day!
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Mintyyf wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:39 am I have this permanently saved on my external to make sure I can always get rid of NVIDIA. So thank you for that.

Just had a comment and a question. The part in the guide that gives the option of ,Remove “GeForce Experience” display driver installer cache/files (NVIDIA only) is not on this version. Since I read the whole thing and you mentioned letting you know if any changes were required.

As far as my question, I hadn't gotten Windows 10 until now so I have no had to use it on win 10. Is windows update going to redownload NVIDIA after it notices I no longer have it and is there a way to prevent this. And that leads me if DDU was intended to just remove display drivers so you reinstall a more compatible version manually, or can you also use it to permanently remove them and not reinstall them.

I have had my laptop for ages now and while I utilized NVIDIA before I don't need it at all right now. In fact it just keeps running in the background and reinstalling if I uninstall it. My laptop just can't handle any extra things.

Thank you! Have a great day!
It was removed because GeForce experience can do it automatically now.