DDU menu doesn't appear when booting into safe mode

streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

About 50% of the time when I run DDU from Windows and I click on the button to boot into safe mode I get File Manager opened up to my Documents folder instead of the DDU menu when I get to safe mode. When this happens I have to invoke DDU myself. My logs are attached. They are the logs when File Manager came up in safe mode. Don't know if it will tell you anything.
DDU Logs.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU menu doesn't appear when booting into safe mode

Post by Wagnard »

streetwolf wrote:About 50% of the time when I run DDU from Windows and I click on the button to boot into safe mode I get File Manager opened up to my Documents folder instead of the DDU menu when I get to safe mode. When this happens I have to invoke DDU myself. My logs are attached. They are the logs when File Manager came up in safe mode. Don't know if it will tell you anything.
DDU Logs.zip
First time I get this report, I'll check my code to see if I see something about this.
Thanks for reporting.

Edit: From the look of it, I can probably add better code for that section. I'll try to add this in next version if testing goes well.
vasudev1

Post by vasudev1 »

streetwolf wrote:About 50% of the time when I run DDU from Windows and I click on the button to boot into safe mode I get File Manager opened up to my Documents folder instead of the DDU menu when I get to safe mode. When this happens I have to invoke DDU myself. My logs are attached. They are the logs when File Manager came up in safe mode. Don't know if it will tell you anything.
DDU Logs.zip
@Wagnard: Could it be some kind of image hijack on Win 10 which opens windows explorer on startup? Sometimes in-place upgrade to w10 could cause some issues. I suggest @streetwolf to try running sfc /scannow or try Windows Repair AIO by tweaking.com.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

vasudev1 wrote:
DDU Logs.zip
@Wagnard: Could it be some kind of image hijack on Win 10 which opens windows explorer on startup? Sometimes in-place upgrade to w10 could cause some issues. I suggest @streetwolf to try running sfc /scannow or try Windows Repair AIO by tweaking.com.
Hard to say... I suspect something with he machine. Could be anything from corruption to a software that interact with DDU.
I'm looking on other way to do this. Maybe it will fix the issue for him.

@streetwolf: When its not working an opening an explorer window, can you tell me if in the DDU folder there is a ddu.bat file?
Also, how are oyu loading DDU? via C:\ or an external disk, etc...
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

I've been out of town for awhile and just got back. I saw there was a new CAT driver 15.11 beta so I used DDU to prepare for it. When I got to safe-mode once again I was in File Manager with my Documents folder displayed. There is no ddu.bat file before or after I ran ddu. I run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe while in Windows 10. If I get the File Manager window in save mode I run the same ddu program again, then I do a clean.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

streetwolf wrote:I've been out of town for awhile and just got back. I saw there was a new CAT driver 15.11 beta so I used DDU to prepare for it. When I got to safe-mode once again I was in File Manager with my Documents folder displayed. There is no ddu.bat file before or after I ran ddu. I run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe while in Windows 10. If I get the File Manager window in save mode I run the same ddu program again, then I do a clean.
can you get me the path of your DDU installation (EX: C:\xxxx\xxx\xxxx\DDU\Display driver Uninstaller.exe )
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

"C:\Users\garys\My Programs\DDU v15.5.1.0\Display Driver Uninstaller.exe"
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Try this version:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/downlo ... staller.7z

No need to actually do a cleanup with it. Just see if you still have the issue.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

The new version worked fine for the couple of times I tried it. One other thing I noticed when I first started getting my Documents Folder instead of DDU was that I wasn't getting the warning window that I was in Safe Mode. I'm not getting that with the new version of DDU either. Perhaps MS did away with that? Anyone still getting it especially on Windows 10 Pro x64?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

streetwolf wrote:The new version worked fine for the couple of times I tried it. One other thing I noticed when I first started getting my Documents Folder instead of DDU was that I wasn't getting the warning window that I was in Safe Mode. I'm not getting that with the new version of DDU either. Perhaps MS did away with that? Anyone still getting it especially on Windows 10 Pro x64?
I think they removed it.