After running this program, no programs start up

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: After running this program, no programs start up

Post by Wagnard »

raveya wrote:no its hanging in the safemode, I tested it on 2 PCs yet.

I had to insert the Windows 10x64 Installation USB Stick and it asked me if I want to reinstall or upgrade, I have chosen upgrade and reboot, then the safemode worked and I could login and DDU started too in the "correct" safemode.

Seems there is a bug.

If I find the time I can make a Video on this on a 3rd PC too if you want.
Yes I would appreciate.

For info, DDU only do a BCDEDIT command to make windows boot into safemode.If its hanging/freezing, its not DDU fault because if you were booting manually yourself int safemode, it would have don the same. Not other operations/changes are done by DDU when asked to boot into safemode appart the BCDEDIT change to actually make it boot into safemode.

Some programs may interfere with safemode like UXTHEME patcher ( A known one for messing safemode)

Sponsor

Sponsor

raveya

Post by raveya »

Wagnard wrote:

I had to insert the Windows 10x64 Installation USB Stick and it asked me if I want to reinstall or upgrade, I have chosen upgrade and reboot, then the safemode worked and I could login and DDU started too in the "correct" safemode.

Seems there is a bug.

Yes I would appreciate.

For info, DDU only do a BCDEDIT command to make windows boot into safemode.If its hanging/freezing, its not DDU fault because if you were booting manually yourself int safemode, it would have don the same. Not other operations/changes are done by DDU when asked to boot into safemode appart the BCDEDIT change to actually make it boot into safemode.

Some programs may interfere with safemode like UXTHEME patcher ( A known one for messing safemode)
so what do I have to do, to get into safemode with a working password then?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

raveya wrote:
Wagnard wrote:

Seems there is a bug.

Yes I would appreciate.

so what do I have to do, to get into safemode with a working password then?
Honestly, I have never seen before a passwaord working in normal mode but not in Safe mode. Not sure of what could be the cause of that.
Also, I never tested the 4 digits pins in windows 10. So Maybe its normal that we are asked a password in safemode instead of the Pins.