DDU 18.0.0.5

Crazy_OneF8S

DDU 18.0.0.5

Post by Crazy_OneF8S »

This evening as I have been struggling with Nvidia's driver crap I decided to use your DDU. I downloaded it and ran it with no issues. I let it restart with no drivers since I already had them on my HD. DDU seemed to clean out the display drivers quite nicely. However, comma, there was a large error under the calm ocean. As I tried to install the 417.35 drivers again, I got the dreaded Nvidia failed. I went into the win/inf directory and checked out the log files and there was a huge error there. The program was unable to write the subkey in the registry. Upon further checking via rededit, I found that the administrator and system rights had not been pushed down to the children. I fixed that quickly, rebooted and tried it again. Take 2, same issue different location. Searched in the same area and found a few more and fixed them. Rebooted and tried it again. Take 3, similar issue different area, fixed it, searched the entire registry for several strings until I was satisfied that all was well. Reboot, Take 4, failure again but this time no reason and for the drivers that I had been using with no issues but thats my problem not yours.

I just wanted to let you know that the registry permissions bug is still alive and well..

PS Win 7 pro 64bit.

DDU 18.0.0.5

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU 18.0.0.5

Post by Wagnard »

Crazy_OneF8S wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:18 am This evening as I have been struggling with Nvidia's driver crap I decided to use your DDU. I downloaded it and ran it with no issues. I let it restart with no drivers since I already had them on my HD. DDU seemed to clean out the display drivers quite nicely. However, comma, there was a large error under the calm ocean. As I tried to install the 417.35 drivers again, I got the dreaded Nvidia failed. I went into the win/inf directory and checked out the log files and there was a huge error there. The program was unable to write the subkey in the registry. Upon further checking via rededit, I found that the administrator and system rights had not been pushed down to the children. I fixed that quickly, rebooted and tried it again. Take 2, same issue different location. Searched in the same area and found a few more and fixed them. Rebooted and tried it again. Take 3, similar issue different area, fixed it, searched the entire registry for several strings until I was satisfied that all was well. Reboot, Take 4, failure again but this time no reason and for the drivers that I had been using with no issues but thats my problem not yours.

I just wanted to let you know that the registry permissions bug is still alive and well..

PS Win 7 pro 64bit.
Hi, what registrykey exactly are you referring too? also if you have a DDU log, I would appreciate to see it.