DDU is successful but NVIDIA drivers remain

SlyCooperReloadCoded

Post by SlyCooperReloadCoded »

I've encountered a very strange problem with the latest version of DDU. DDU has worked perfectly for me up until this point, so I'm a bit confused.

I followed the instructions - Safe Mode, no internet connection, Run As Administrator, select "Clean and Restart". It did its thing and said it was successful. However, after restarting, all my NVIDIA drivers were still there, untouched, like I never ran DDU. I then tried it again, but I disabled all my internet adapters beforehand, just in case Windows 10 was automatically re-instaling them. After it restarted, same results - NVIDIA drivers were untouched, nothing was uninstalled.

Google was no help since it only brought up results like "Drivers won't uninstall" - threads where people were recommended DDU, not situations where DDU was the problem. It did add a "DDU logs" folder, but never produced any logs. The progress text did say "successful" or "done" before automatically restarting.

Am I permanently stuck with these drivers?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU is successful but NVIDIA drivers remain

Post by Wagnard »

SlyCooperReloadCoded wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:16 pm I've encountered a very strange problem with the latest version of DDU. DDU has worked perfectly for me up until this point, so I'm a bit confused.

I followed the instructions - Safe Mode, no internet connection, Run As Administrator, select "Clean and Restart". It did its thing and said it was successful. However, after restarting, all my NVIDIA drivers were still there, untouched, like I never ran DDU. I then tried it again, but I disabled all my internet adapters beforehand, just in case Windows 10 was automatically re-instaling them. After it restarted, same results - NVIDIA drivers were untouched, nothing was uninstalled.

Google was no help since it only brought up results like "Drivers won't uninstall" - threads where people were recommended DDU, not situations where DDU was the problem. It did add a "DDU logs" folder, but never produced any logs. The progress text did say "successful" or "done" before automatically restarting.

Am I permanently stuck with these drivers?
Hi, can you send me your ddu logs (located within the ddu directory)? It will help me to find the cause.
Send then at [email protected]
SlyCooperReloadCoded

That's the thing - it created the "DDU logs" folder, but it never created any logs. The folder is empty.
SlyCooperReloadCoded

Okay, I found the logs, but I can't add them as attachments. The website brings up an error saying "Invalid Attachment".
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

SlyCooperReloadCoded wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:39 pm Okay, I found the logs, but I can't add them as attachments. The website brings up an error saying "Invalid Attachment".
Email them at [email protected]
SlyCooperReloadCoded

Would it be better to copy the text into a normal text file and upload those here?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

SlyCooperReloadCoded wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:29 pm Would it be better to copy the text into a normal text file and upload those here?
No, I really need the XML intact
SlyCooperReloadCoded

Sent the email. I referenced this post in the email - I'd imagine you get tons of emails. Hopefully this one won't get confused with another one.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

SlyCooperReloadCoded wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:40 pm Sent the email. I referenced this post in the email - I'd imagine you get tons of emails. Hopefully this one won't get confused with another one.
Yeah I received it. I will check this when I get home later and I'll inform you of my findings.