DDU does not delete ACP folder

nuc

Post by nuc »

Hi,
First of all thanks for creating this wonderful tool!

My problem is that DDU never seems to delete the folder containing the ACP files (I guess). I have noticed this several times now, and as such I've always deleted the folder AMD\{920DEC42-4CA5-4d1d-9487-67BE645CDDFC}\[...] with it's contents manually.
My system is Win7 64bit with AMD R7 260x OC graphics card.

Does it intentionally not get removed or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance,
nuc

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU does not delete ACP folder

Post by Wagnard »

nuc wrote:Hi,
First of all thanks for creating this wonderful tool!

My problem is that DDU never seems to delete the folder containing the ACP files (I guess). I have noticed this several times now, and as such I've always deleted the folder AMD\{920DEC42-4CA5-4d1d-9487-67BE645CDDFC}\[...] with it's contents manually.
My system is Win7 64bit with AMD R7 260x OC graphics card.

Does it intentionally not get removed or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance,
nuc
Before I add it, can you confirm to me its always the same folder name that is created after each installation?

Your DDU log would be quite apreciated too.
nuc

Post by nuc »

Wagnard wrote:Before I add it, can you confirm to me its always the same folder name that is created after each installation?
Yes, it definitely is.
Wagnard wrote:Your DDU log would be quite apreciated too.
I have attached all the logs that I were in my "DDU Logs" folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nuc

Post by nuc »

Hi, it appears you attempted to fix this bug in the latest release:
-Remove an AMD ACP leftover folder.{920DEC42-4CA5-4d1d-9487-67BE645CDDFC}
However I have just uninstalled Radeon Driver v15.12 using DDU and it seems the bug is still not fixed. "C:\Program Files\AMD\{920DEC42-4CA5-4d1d-9487-67BE645CDDFC}\[...]" has still been there.
Maybe your uninstaller tried to remove it from "Program Files (x86)"?

Moreover another folder called "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\[...]" has not been cleared either.
I have uploeaded the entire folder that didnt get removed onto an OCH (700kb was "too large" to upload it here), and attached the DDU logs.

http://ul.to/q0s3rv2g

PS: Strangely when I started the installer of the new 16.1 "Hotfix" driver, the install setup only gave me the option to either uninstall the current driver (?!?) or do an upgrade... Apperently there seem to be some more leftovers not being removed by DDU, or else I cannot explain why the installer still saw some old driver on my system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

nuc wrote:Hi, it appears you attempted to fix this bug in the latest release:
-Remove an AMD ACP leftover folder.{920DEC42-4CA5-4d1d-9487-67BE645CDDFC}
However I have just uninstalled Radeon Driver v15.12 using DDU and it seems the bug is still not fixed. "C:\Program Files\AMD\{920DEC42-4CA5-4d1d-9487-67BE645CDDFC}\[...]" has still been there.
Maybe your uninstaller tried to remove it from "Program Files (x86)"?

Moreover another folder called "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\[...]" has not been cleared either.
I have uploeaded the entire folder that didnt get removed onto an OCH (700kb was "too large" to upload it here), and attached the DDU logs.

http://ul.to/q0s3rv2g

PS: Strangely when I started the installer of the new 16.1 "Hotfix" driver, the install setup only gave me the option to either uninstall the current driver (?!?) or do an upgrade... Apperently there seem to be some more leftovers not being removed by DDU, or else I cannot explain why the installer still saw some old driver on my system.
I found the error, its some typo in my code (upper / lower character stuff)... Will be fixed in the next release , sorry...
Thanks for reporting !

Edit: for Cnext normally it gets remove but this is the error on the log that prevented DDU to do its cleanUP.

Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "atiacm64.dll" wurde verweigert.

Try to see why this file had denied access. (read only or permission issue...) In rare case in safemode, the file could have been hold by another process.
nuc

Post by nuc »

Wagnard wrote:Edit: for Cnext normally it gets remove but this is the error on the log that prevented DDU to do its cleanUP.

Try to see why this file had denied access. (read only or permission issue...) In rare case in safemode, the file could have been hold by another process.
Hm that's really weird, I will monitor this issue in future attempts.
What about this:
Note that I did remove those those leftovers manually before attempting the new installation. Maybe this and the above permission issues are connected (i.e. some service did not get removed and as such those files where still in use)? Maybe a new Radeon Settings update service?

Ah and btw I have nearly forgot.. I did also get an error similar to this shortly before rebooting into safemode:
Image(pic from the www)
Do you think it might be DDU related or just some random system bug resp. hanging/trailing proccess?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

nuc wrote:
Wagnard wrote:Edit: for Cnext normally it gets remove but this is the error on the log that prevented DDU to do its cleanUP.

Hm that's really weird, I will monitor this issue in future attempts.
What about this:
Note that I did remove those those leftovers manually before attempting the new installation.

Ah and btw I have already forgot.. I did also get an error similar to this shortly before rebooting into safemode:
Image(pic from the www)
Do you think it might be DDU related or juust some random system bug/hanging/trailing proccess?
Strange its not totally impossible that it could be a cmd used by DDU. but it could also be like you said random system bug/hanging/trailing process?

Tell me if you got this again.

Also the 16.1 uninstall / upgrade is kinda weird. Ill have to test this a bit. If you happen to try the cleanUP again and can confirm if it happens again and if you happens to find what is the left over just pm me.

I haven't test 16.1 so maybe something changed. Ill test this on the weekend.

Edit: I tested 16.1 and I did not encounter the Uninstall / upgrade message. Everything was cleaned correctly.

If possible, I would appreciate you test again to clean uninstall 16.1 with DDU and try to reinstall 16.1 and see if you still have the message.
I have an old card 7850 for testing and not all module are installed (like acp) as with the most recent cards

Edit2: someone reported the same thing with 16.1 installation / upgrade thing and he also had windows 7. I guess ill have to setup a windows 7 machine to test