DDU quick questions

jemmy07

DDU quick questions

Post by jemmy07 »

Hey guys I just used DDU to revert back to the 417.35 driver for stability and I have a few questions. I intended to boot into safe mode and do it, selected the option, but didn't exit and relaunch DDU so I ended up not going to safe mode. Should I be worried about anything? Also is doing this in any way bad for the GPU? I'm pretty new and I have a 2080ti so I don't want to ruin anything but does this process do anything bad to the GPU itself?

Thanks!

DDU quick questions

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU quick questions

Post by Wagnard »

jemmy07 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:42 pm Hey guys I just used DDU to revert back to the 417.35 driver for stability and I have a few questions. I intended to boot into safe mode and do it, selected the option, but didn't exit and relaunch DDU so I ended up not going to safe mode. Should I be worried about anything? Also is doing this in any way bad for the GPU? I'm pretty new and I have a 2080ti so I don't want to ruin anything but does this process do anything bad to the GPU itself?

Thanks!
Hi
I'll try to answer your question and also give some recommendation.
1- If you do not have any issues, you do not need to run DDU. DDU is intended to help fix problems at first.
2- It is recommended that you boot yourself into safe mode manually(check YouTube on how to do this), the DDU option won't close DDU, it will offer you to go to safe mode after you launch it again. But be warned, some users have problem with Safe mode and if you go to safe mode with the help of DDU, there is a chance you stay stuck there and it require doing some stuff to get out of it. That's the reason why I ask you to go manually for the first time. When done it is safe to always use DDU to bring yo to safe mode.
3- DDU cannot break hardware, DDU only remove files / registry keys. Worse case scenario, you could have to re-install Windows. But this is extremely rare and mostly because of others issue the computer may had before hand.
Hope this help. and make a backup or create a restore point before using DDU to be on the safe side.
jemmy07

Re: DDU quick questions

Post by jemmy07 »

Oh okay, I already used DDU but I didn’t do it in safe mode. I used it for about 4 hours after and it seemed to clear up the issue I was having. I was just wondering if I should redo it, but in safe mode, but since it has fixed my issue so far I won’t worry about it. I just didn’t restart the program after selecting the safe mode option, next time I use it, it will be enabled. But at least I’m comfortable with the whole process now