screen in low power state after new driver & reboot

on2wheels

Post by on2wheels »

Used latest DDU version to remove nvidia drivers, on Windows7 SP1, in safe mode. Reboot into normal mode, install my fav driver, reboot again, now the screen goes into low power state but windows still running normally (I can reboot my keypresses from memory). How do I fix this? Never had issues changing drivers before until using DDU this one time!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: screen in low power state after new driver & reboot

Post by Wagnard »

Just for information the the others reading this, the user managed to get around it by removing the gpu and cmos battery, then reinstalling them.
on2wheels

Post by on2wheels »

Yes thanks for the update Wagnard, I don't know why my hardware doesn't like to use DDU, I know I'll never try it again with this system.

Just as an aside, I'm running a vanilla Win7 SP1 install (no updates after the OS is installed), so unless there's some software patch that DDU relies on to get past this low power screen state, I don't know if the OS has anything to do with it.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

on2wheels wrote:Yes thanks for the update Wagnard, I don't know why my hardware doesn't like to use DDU, I know I'll never try it again with this system.

Just as an aside, I'm running a vanilla Win7 SP1 install (no updates after the OS is installed), so unless there's some software patch that DDU relies on to get past this low power screen state, I don't know if the OS has anything to do with it.
Technically I'm 99% certain that DDU doesn't have anything to do with the problem you had. DDU doesn't make any change to the CMOS. I suspect more the newest driver from NV or a loosing connection / cable that you fixed my removing and replacing back the card.

Of course, a second try would help to confirm that. But you do what you want.

Happy Holidays.