Deleting C:\NVIDIA not recommended

kevindd992002

Post by kevindd992002 »

Why is it "not recommended" to have DDU delete the C:\NVIDIA these days? I remember that this folder was automatically deleted by DDU before without having to check a checkbox under its Options section.

I just run DDU today and let ticked that box without any ill effects so I was just wondering why is not recommended to do this? This is just the extraction folder of the downloaded NVIDIA driver installer anyway.

Please help. Thanks.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Deleting C:\NVIDIA not recommended

Post by Wagnard »

kevindd992002 wrote:Why is it "not recommended" to have DDU delete the C:\NVIDIA these days? I remember that this folder was automatically deleted by DDU before without having to check a checkbox under its Options section.

I just run DDU today and let ticked that box without any ill effects so I was just wondering why is not recommended to do this? This is just the extraction folder of the downloaded NVIDIA driver installer anyway.

Please help. Thanks.
Well its not really not recommended, its more for me and some user that do not want to lose our different driver installer version.
kevindd992002

Re: Deleting C:\NVIDIA not recommended

Post by kevindd992002 »

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification. If that's the only reason, then I have no problems with deleting mine.