Steam settings reverted

superquail

Steam settings reverted

Post by superquail »

Hi,

I'm new to the forums, but I've used earlier versions of DDU in the past, although not in recent years.

I just ran DDU to revert to 419.35 and everything went smoothly but I noticed that all my Steam settings were reverted to default afterwards; all of my preferences, launch options and modifications I've made to my games either through Steam or ini files.

Now, I don't ever remembering that happening last time I used DDU. Very irritating and a bit worrying. What gives?

Steam settings reverted

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Steam settings reverted

Post by Wagnard »

superquail wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:49 pm Hi,

I'm new to the forums, but I've used earlier versions of DDU in the past, although not in recent years.

I just ran DDU to revert to 419.35 and everything went smoothly but I noticed that all my Steam settings were reverted to default afterwards; all of my preferences, launch options and modifications I've made to my games either through Steam or ini files.

Now, I don't ever remembering that happening last time I used DDU. Very irritating and a bit worrying. What gives?
Not DDU for sure, DDU does not do anything with the steam folders or its registry. Also I would haven dozens of report of this if it was true.
Something else did that I'm afraid.
I heard of GeForce Experience could do similar things.
Did you install or did you had it before?
superquail

Post by superquail »

I don't use GeForce Experience and I didn't have it installed. It has never been installed on this machine because I hate it. :lol:
If it wasn't DDU itself which caused this, could it have been the nVidia driver installation I wonder?

These are the ONLY things I did:

1. Reboot Windows into Safe Mode
2. Run DDU
3. Reboot Windows and install driver
4. Reboot
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

superquail wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:02 pm I don't use GeForce Experience and I didn't have it installed. It has never been installed on this machine because I hate it. :lol:
If it wasn't DDU itself which caused this, could it have been the nVidia driver installation I wonder?
No idea, I just know it is not possible for DDU to do this at all because it wasn't programmed at all to do that.

Sorry that Im not really helpful on this one...
superquail

Post by superquail »

No worries, doesn't look like any harm was done, just an annoyance. It's like Steam just lost saved preferences so I had to change them and sign EULAs for my games and stuff.

Update: Just to test, I cleaned my drivers out and reinstalled fresh, same as before and this time no problems whatsoever. The only thing I did differently this time was remove physX as well.