strange rectangular box after using ddu

vasudev1

Re: strange rectangular box after using ddu

Post by vasudev1 »

fumz wrote:A month or so ago I uninstalled a beta driver and decided to start using ddu, after rebooting I noticed a strange white box on the monitor upon log in: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=404037

I have not been able to get rid of it, until today when I did a repair install of Win7. I could not open Experience after the repair, so I uninstalled physx, experience, and the latest drivers... all went well and no white box, even after a couple reboots just to make sure it was really gone.

I then decided to run ddu "just to be sure" all nvidia entries were gone... and, like clockwork, after rebooting and log in the white box was back.

What is this? How can I get rid of it? After ddu runs, right before it shuts down to reboot, a driver is installed, and I think that's the problem, but I don't know? What I know is that things were back to normal after the repair install and as soon as I ran ddu the problem is back.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Win7 64-bit Ultimate.
Evga 780sc
Did you check your startup entries and find anything suspicious? You can use CCleaner to check startup item list.

Sponsor

Sponsor

fum

Post by fum »

vasudev1 wrote:
fumz wrote:A month or so ago I uninstalled a beta driver and decided to start using ddu, after rebooting I noticed a strange white box on the monitor upon log in: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=404037

I have not been able to get rid of it, until today when I did a repair install of Win7. I could not open Experience after the repair, so I uninstalled physx, experience, and the latest drivers... all went well and no white box, even after a couple reboots just to make sure it was really gone.

I then decided to run ddu "just to be sure" all nvidia entries were gone... and, like clockwork, after rebooting and log in the white box was back.

What is this? How can I get rid of it? After ddu runs, right before it shuts down to reboot, a driver is installed, and I think that's the problem, but I don't know? What I know is that things were back to normal after the repair install and as soon as I ran ddu the problem is back.

Win7 64-bit Ultimate.
Evga 780sc
Did you check your startup entries and find anything suspicious? You can use CCleaner to check startup item list.
Yesterday I answered. Today I see that my account was deleted. Can't say I recall ever having that happen.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

fum wrote:
vasudev1 wrote:

Win7 64-bit Ultimate.
Evga 780sc
Yesterday I answered. Today I see that my account was deleted. Can't say I recall ever having that happen.
That was probably a mistake from me.Sorry for the inconvenience.