Error when running DDU?

j0p3s

Error when running DDU?

Post by j0p3s »

Hi! Always used DDU without any error. Today i rebooted and getting errors when running the latest version of DDU:

Any idea how to fix it?

Error when running DDU?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Error when running DDU?

Post by Wagnard »

j0p3s wrote:Hi! Always used DDU without any error. Today i rebooted and getting errors when running the latest version of DDU:

Any idea how to fix it?
Strange, try to see if redownloading it or extracting it in a different location helps.
You can also try to delete the "config.cfg" file from the "settings" folder.

You are the second user with the same error today, I wonder if its not due to a microsoft update or some A/V.
Can you describe me a bit your system? OS, antivirus/protection , etc...
j0p3s

Post by j0p3s »

Have windows updates disabled and didnt install a single update since i got my system running!
Tried moving the folder from D:\DDU to C:\DDU and deleting config.cfg and the same error! Reinstalled all net frameworks and the same error still (thought it might be a bad dll registered in the system so i gave it a try but no avail)

Any more ideas?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

j0p3s wrote:Have windows updates disabled and didnt install a single update since i got my system running!
Tried moving the folder from D:\DDU to C:\DDU and deleting config.cfg and the same error! Reinstalled all net frameworks and the same error still (thought it might be a bad dll registered in the system so i gave it a try but no avail)

Any more ideas?
Well something definitely changed as it worked before.
What is your antivirus software? and try to exclude DDU from it.
j0p3s

Post by j0p3s »

The anti virus isnt the culprit and neither is malwarebytes because DDU always worked with them... might be something in the system... but no idea what since i didnt install anything since DDU worked... only rebooted and DDU stopped working :S

i bet its something related to net framework because the error it gives if i click on the dialog showed up in my previous posts, is an exception on net framework
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

j0p3s wrote:The anti virus isnt the culprit and neither is malwarebytes because DDU always worked with them... might be something in the system... but no idea what since i didnt install anything since DDU worked... only rebooted and DDU stopped working :S

i bet its something related to net framework because the error it gives if i click on the dialog showed up in my previous posts, is an exception on net framework
Does the error also happens with the latest version I released today?
I lot of stuff for the translation changed and it is possible you may not get the "File not found" anymore.
j0p3s

Post by j0p3s »

Today's version: 15.7.5.2 works like a charm :D