How to use???

Toots3D

How to use???

Post by Toots3D »

Hi, I am new to DDU and after downloading and extracting, I have read the readme file, but I am still unsure as to how I make this work. I was expecting a nice gui to use it, but there is no .exe file for that. Could you please help an intermediate computer user/builder, in the correct way to uninstall Nvidia drivers please? Your help in this matter will be gratefully appreciated. Cheers, Richard.

How to use???

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: How to use???

Post by Wagnard »

Toots3D wrote:Hi, I am new to DDU and after downloading and extracting, I have read the readme file, but I am still unsure as to how I make this work. I was expecting a nice gui to use it, but there is no .exe file for that. Could you please help an intermediate computer user/builder, in the correct way to uninstall Nvidia drivers please? Your help in this matter will be gratefully appreciated. Cheers, Richard.
Hi,
Normally DDU should be used in safe mode, be sure that the DDU folder is in your exception list of your antivirus/security software (sometime they interfere with the cleanUP process), and do a system restore point (just in case...)

For typical users, I recommend using DDU only when it's needed (problem installing the driver/others bugs that could be caused by leftovers of other driver, etc...)

Once into safe mode, when you launch DDU, select the appropriate GPU to remove (NVIDIA in your case) then select the appropriate button. Usually its the "Clean and restart one". If changing video card, the "Clean and shutdown" should be used.

I hope it clears up a little.
Regards,
Wagnard