Issues Nvidia Optimus and Win 10

charlestek

Post by charlestek »

I have a laptop (Thinkpad W530) with Nvidia Optimus -Nvidia K100M/Intel HD4000 graphics.
I ran DDU in safemode, first used it to remove the Nvidia drivers without reboot then Nvidia drivers and reboot.

Tried to run the nvsetup for the proper drivers and got a message that the package was corrupt, or it could not find Nvidia,etc.
Went to Device Mgr, saw that the nvidia quadro was replaced by a generic Microsoft video driver. I updated the driver using the inf file and drivers fro the K1000M so it showed properly in device manager. Ran nvsetup.exe again and got the same error message. The package was not corrupt as I used it earlier and also redownloaded it from Lenovo.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Issues Nvidia Optimus and Win 10

Post by Wagnard »

charlestek wrote:I have a laptop (Thinkpad W530) with Nvidia Optimus -Nvidia K100M/Intel HD4000 graphics.
I ran DDU in safemode, first used it to remove the Nvidia drivers without reboot then Nvidia drivers and reboot.

Tried to run the nvsetup for the proper drivers and got a message that the package was corrupt, or it could not find Nvidia,etc.
Went to Device Mgr, saw that the nvidia quadro was replaced by a generic Microsoft video driver. I updated the driver using the inf file and drivers fro the K1000M so it showed properly in device manager. Ran nvsetup.exe again and got the same error message. The package was not corrupt as I used it earlier and also redownloaded it from Lenovo.
Can you send me the DDU logs at [email protected]
TH package corrupt is sometime misleading. Windows have a driver store that store drivers there and it is possible it is corrupted there or isn't linked correctly from the registry to the store.