Another case of Nvidia install error after using DDU in Safe Mode

trazom

Post by trazom »

I've got the very same problem posted by Unbreakable in July 16th this year, that is (quoting most of his words):

After Clean up with DDU (since a couple weeks ago drivers could no longer be installed from within GeForce Experience), I can't now install a new NVIDIA driver as I keep getting the same error over and over.
There also no longer is Nvidia Control Panel and I can't install a driver in this state.

NVIDIA driver installation error.png

My kids gaming PC is now useless, in school vacation time (which means plenty of time for playing). A small tragedy..

I made a bit of homework:
What I noticed is that the GTX 970 card in the system is seen as (I'm translating from italian, so it won't probably be perfectly matching) "Video controller (VGA compatible)" having the following hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS31601462&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS31601462
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&CC_0300

but in all drivers I tested (downloaded from Nvidia site) I couldn't see references to such ID in any of the .inf files I inspected.

I'm also going to take freedom to send DDU logs at [email protected] email address indicated in other posts; any kind of help to solve the matter would really be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance in any case

Luca
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

fostuzigne

Re: Another case of Nvidia install error after using DDU in Safe Mode

Post by fostuzigne »

trazom wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:36 pm I've got the very same problem posted by Unbreakable in July 16th this year, that is (quoting most of his words):

After Clean up with DDU (since a couple weeks ago drivers could no longer be installed from within GeForce Experience), I can't now install a new NVIDIA driver as I keep getting the same error over and over.
There also no longer is Nvidia Control Panel and I can't install a driver in this state.

My kids gaming PC is now useless, in school https://walmartone.fyi/ vacation time (which means plenty of time for playing). A small tragedy..

What I noticed is that the GTX 970 card in the system is seen as (I'm translating from italian, so it won't probably be perfectly matching) "Video controller (VGA compatible)" having the following hardware ID:

but in all drivers I tested (downloaded from Nvidia site) I couldn't see references to such ID in any of the .inf files I inspected.

I'm also going to take freedom to send DDU logs at [email protected] email address indicated in other posts; any kind of help to solve the matter would really be greatly appreciated.

Luca
Hi buddy, facing the similar issue as of now, did you get any way out yet on this?

Regards,
F. Smith
Last edited by fostuzigne on Mon May 04, 2020 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Another case of Nvidia install error after using DDU in Safe Mode

Post by Wagnard »

fostuzigne wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:23 am
trazom wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:36 pm I've got the very same problem posted by Unbreakable in July 16th this year, that is (quoting most of his words):

My kids gaming PC is now useless, in school vacation time (which means plenty of time for playing). A small tragedy..

Luca
Hi buddy, facing the similar issue as of now, did you get any way out yet on this?

Regards,
F. Smith
The problem of not being able to install a new driver is present before using DDU from the first post. If I do not know the original cause , I cannot program DDU to fix this problem when it found it.

To help, I would need the DDU logs and also what is the error that device manager throw at you when manually trying to install the driver.