Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V16.0.0.1 Released.

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V16.0.0.1 Released.

Post by Wagnard »

remotehugger wrote:first, thank you for this great program - has worked tons better than amd cleanup utility - but i do have a quick question about the scary warning about Windows 10 - lol - i do not use a password, so i dont have to worry about it correct ?
NO problem as long as you dont use the pin.

Sponsor

Sponsor

remotehugger

Post by remotehugger »

thank you for getting back to me so quick -
remotehugger

Post by remotehugger »

worked great - one more question though - i now have three versions of VulkanRT showing in program files(86) - should DDU be getting rid of the older versions ?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

remotehugger wrote:worked great - one more question though - i now have three versions of VulkanRT showing in program files(86) - should DDU be getting rid of the older versions ?
Normally it should if the option is tick. Unless there is a bug
ShadowFur

Re: *Beta* Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V16.0.0.0 Beta Released.

Post by ShadowFur »

Wagnard wrote:
ShadowFur wrote:Here are a few files that DDU misses on nvidia clean. file attached
The first entry "picture\Nvidia...." should be removed now.
For the 2 others, I lack some information about them so I cant remove them yet as they are name differently on different system.
I will have to do some logic to find them in a future version.
It may depend on the card what the reg keys are. Mine come back the same every time i remove then and install a driver. But to remove them I have to change the owner and permissions of those keys.
bittin

Post by bittin »

Nice software, someone on the NVIDIA support tipped me about it today and it solved my problems :) think i might use it at work too a glad new user from Sweden :)
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

bittin wrote:Nice software, someone on the NVIDIA support tipped me about it today and it solved my problems :) think i might use it at work too a glad new user from Sweden :)
Glad you like it !
DooGie

Post by DooGie »

Wagnard wrote:
remotehugger wrote:first, thank you for this great program - has worked tons better than amd cleanup utility - but i do have a quick question about the scary warning about Windows 10 - lol - i do not use a password, so i dont have to worry about it correct ?
As far as I know this has existed in safe mode for several versions of DDU.

It's never bothered me as the option of using PIN isn't available so I've always used my password instead then selected PIN after the PC reboots normally.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

DooGie wrote:
Wagnard wrote:
As far as I know this has existed in safe mode for several versions of DDU.

It's never bothered me as the option of using PIN isn't available so I've always used my password instead then selected PIN after the PC reboots normally.
In fact, its not a DDU issue, it's just how Windows 10 works in safe mode.
remotehugger

Post by remotehugger »

Wagnard wrote:
remotehugger wrote:worked great - one more question though - i now have three versions of VulkanRT showing in program files(86) - should DDU be getting rid of the older versions ?
Normally it should if the option is tick. Unless there is a bug
i did not see an option for Vulkan - i may have missed it but i dont recall it - and i even ran it again looking for it - and it still has 3 versions installed - 1.0.3.1 - 1.0.8.0 and 1.0.11.0 -

Top left of DDU, there is an option menu. check in there and see if Vulkan is ticked.

If its ticked and you still have theses old versions, email me the ddu logs @ [email protected]