DDU has me blocked at "account login phase"

andyb99

Post by andyb99 »

Having sign-in issues with my Microsoft account, and when I tried to run DDU software and was alerted that I would need to use my Microsoft account to continue, I logged off and went through process of changing my account password just to be sure it was active (hadn't used it in a while so I wanted to be certain). When I booted up the DDU and put in my new password it was refused...tried old one and of coarse it too was refused. Did not create password key in portable stick as I had never , until now seen a good reason. Tried to boot the computer with the boot drive uninstalled using my win10 disk but it seems that DDU has taken complete control of my computer at the moment as it takes me back to the "safe mode" log in and I am stuck there.reverse image search email checker port checker
Does anyone know how to get around this?
Last edited by andyb99 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU has me blocked at "account login phase"

Post by Wagnard »

andyb99 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:17 pm Having sign-in issues with my Microsoft account, and when I tried to run DDU software and was alerted that I would need to use my Microsoft account to continue, I logged off and went through process of changing my account password just to be sure it was active (hadn't used it in a while so I wanted to be certain). When I booted up the DDU and put in my new password it was refused...tried old one and of coarse it too was refused. Did not create password key in portable stick as I had never , until now seen a good reason. Tried to boot the computer with the boot drive uninstalled using my win10 disk but it seems that DDU has taken complete control of my computer at the moment as it takes me back to the "safe mode" log in and I am stuck there.
Does anyone know how to get around this?
Hi,
The password is either your current microsoft password, or the first one you had when you installed windows.

If you still can't login, here is what you should do:

Boot with a Windows DVD / USB stick and go to recovery with Command prompt.

Once there do : bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot