amd uninstall while using nvidia graphics

taz101

Post by taz101 »

Can i use the program to remove all amd gpu drivers while not affecting the nvidia installed software that is currently installed?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: amd uninstall while using nvidia graphics

Post by Wagnard »

taz101 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:35 am Can i use the program to remove all amd gpu drivers while not affecting the nvidia installed software that is currently installed?
When using DDU and you select to remove AMD gpu, your Nvidia software will not be removed.
wlepsein

Post by wlepsein »

One of the issues with DDU is that drivers come out much more frequently so the utility is always in catch up mode. After each new driver, there's gonna be a delay till the utility is updated. And as is said above, unless changing from AMD to nVidia or visa versa, there's no reason to remove the folders and settings. I recommended just using the OS or driver's own uninstall utility followed by a registry cleaner.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

wlepsein wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:56 am One of the issues with DDU is that drivers come out much more frequently so the utility is always in catch up mode. After each new driver, there's gonna be a delay till the utility is updated. And as is said above, unless changing from AMD to nVidia or visa versa, there's no reason to remove the folders and settings. I recommended just using the OS or driver's own uninstall utility followed by a registry cleaner.
DDU doesn't require an update with each new driver release