Computer wont turn on after using the ddu

Markitude

Re: Computer wont turn on after using the ddu

Post by Markitude »

Wagnard wrote: It doesn't have to be a recovery drive, a simple installation disk /usb key can do the trick.

Also this error would have happened even if you would have manually go into safe mode. Just saying...
DDU didn't change anything to the system from what you did, It only ask the computer to start into safe mode.
There are some applications like UXTheme that cause this kind of issue and there is probably others too.

It's a video card issue. For some reason my amd hd7900 won't work in safe mode. I switched back to the old card and all is good.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Markitude wrote:
Wagnard wrote: It doesn't have to be a recovery drive, a simple installation disk /usb key can do the trick.

Also this error would have happened even if you would have manually go into safe mode. Just saying...
DDU didn't change anything to the system from what you did, It only ask the computer to start into safe mode.
There are some applications like UXTheme that cause this kind of issue and there is probably others too.

It's a video card issue. For some reason my amd hd7900 won't work in safe mode. I switched back to the old card and all is good.
Thanks for letting me know ;)
devilrulz4ever

Post by devilrulz4ever »

I can confirm it is happening when I try to boot into safe mode from DDU. I had to clean install windows thrice because of this. I've used v16.x before, without any such issues. Booting into safe mode using usual methods works.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

devilrulz4ever wrote:I can confirm it is happening when I try to boot into safe mode from DDU. I had to clean install windows thrice because of this. I've used v16.x before, without any such issues. Booting into safe mode using usual methods works.
You don't have to clean install, just follow the Faq.
To avoid this in the future, just manually boot yourself into safe mode