Black screen when booting computer after uninstalling driver

Mochi99

Post by Mochi99 »

I ran DDU, and uninstalled both my graphic cards. After I uninstalled the second one (uninstalled without restart), i suddendly got a black screen which didn't go away even though I waited for over an hour. I decided to turn off the computer, but when it turns on all I see is a black screen with no cursor. I have tried the troubleshooting methods the microsoft support recommends, but they didn't work. So I thought I would ask here since I know DDU is the root of the problem. Please help, i just want to use my computer again :cry:

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Black screen when booting computer after uninstalling driver

Post by Wagnard »

Mochi99 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:40 am I ran DDU, and uninstalled both my graphic cards. After I uninstalled the second one (uninstalled without restart), i suddendly got a black screen which didn't go away even though I waited for over an hour. I decided to turn off the computer, but when it turns on all I see is a black screen with no cursor. I have tried the troubleshooting methods the microsoft support recommends, but they didn't work. So I thought I would ask here since I know DDU is the root of the problem. Please help, i just want to use my computer again :cry:
When you start your computer, do you see the bios screen? can you enter it?
Also you removed 2 cards you said 2 Nvidia?
Mochi99

Post by Mochi99 »

I do not see anything but a black screen when I start it, and it never goes away. The first card was from intel and the other from geforce.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Mochi99 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:35 pm I do not see anything but a black screen when I start it, and it never goes away. The first card was from intel and the other from geforce.
This is not something that DDU can do.
The bios screen not visible when you start the computer is sign of a hardware issue. I guess that happened when you removed the card physically.
The only thing DDU could do is a black screen in Windows but not before.
The reason is simple, DDU modifies Windows files and registry. It doesn't do anything physically to the card.

I suggest you check your hardware and even do a bios reset (clear cmos)
Mochi99

Post by Mochi99 »

I don't understand what you mean. I did not remove any of the cards physically. I can't do a bios reset since I can't get to the login screen. Are you suggesting i use a recovery disc to do this?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Mochi99 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:53 am I don't understand what you mean. I did not remove any of the cards physically. I can't do a bios reset since I can't get to the login screen. Are you suggesting i use a recovery disc to do this?
Hi, sorry I misunderstood the (uninstalling the 2 cards) I know now you did via DDU.

Bios reset is done directly on the motherboard.
Another solution to try without that is to use a different cable type. Because the driver is remove, It may have defaulted to either the Nvidia card or the Intel.
Switch the cable location form nvidia to intel or vice versa and switch cable type if necessary.

You may have to powerdown / power up before changing the cable location for it to be detected without a driver.
Mochi99

Post by Mochi99 »

I tried to reset the bios by removing the cmos battery, but it didn't fix the problem. What cable do you mean i should switch? The cable that connects my computer to my screen, or a cable in the motherboard?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Mochi99 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:30 pm I tried to reset the bios by removing the cmos battery, but it didn't fix the problem. What cable do you mean i should switch? The cable that connects my computer to my screen, or a cable in the motherboard?
yes the HDMI / Display port cable
Mochi99

Post by Mochi99 »

I tried doing that and it didn't help.
Mochi99

Post by Mochi99 »

Are there any more things I can try?