System wont detect new GTX 1060 nor old 660TI after using DDU

Holmir

Post by Holmir »

I tried running DDU after seeing people post about how great it is before installing my new 1060 that I bought to replace my 660Ti.

Now my system fails to recognize my GPU's and I cant get any video from either one of them.

Ive searched through 10 or so Tomshardware threads trying different solutions (safemode, disabling Intel HD iGPU driver even thought I didn't even have that installed in the first place)

I have absolutely no idea what to do.
  • Im running Windows 7 64bit

Tried both DVI and HDMI on both cards.

GPU fans spin up just fine, both cards (I dont run them at the same time)

I hear windows booting up just fine

Ive tried safe mode, installing/disabling Intel HD iGPU driver

Cannot install Nvidia drivers because my cards arent detected

I created a restorepoint before using DDU but conviniently lost it thanks to Windows making 4 new restorepoints in the next 60 minutes because I tried to figure out why my 1060 wasnt working. Im an idiot, I shouldve just restored as soon as I was greeted with a black screen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: System wont detect new GTX 1060 nor old 660TI after using DDU

Post by Wagnard »

Holmir wrote:I tried running DDU after seeing people post about how great it is before installing my new 1060 that I bought to replace my 660Ti.

Now my system fails to recognize my GPU's and I cant get any video from either one of them.

Ive searched through 10 or so Tomshardware threads trying different solutions (safemode, disabling Intel HD iGPU driver even thought I didn't even have that installed in the first place)

I have absolutely no idea what to do.
  • Im running Windows 7 64bit

Tried both DVI and HDMI on both cards.

GPU fans spin up just fine, both cards (I dont run them at the same time)

I hear windows booting up just fine

Ive tried safe mode, installing/disabling Intel HD iGPU driver

Cannot install Nvidia drivers because my cards arent detected

I created a restorepoint before using DDU but conviniently lost it thanks to Windows making 4 new restorepoints in the next 60 minutes because I tried to figure out why my 1060 wasnt working. Im an idiot, I shouldve just restored as soon as I was greeted with a black screen
Can you give me the DDU logs?

Also, I could give you assistance with TeamViewer if you want. Simply send me the ID and Password via email at [email protected]
Holmir

Post by Holmir »

Wagnard wrote:

Also, I could give you assistance with TeamViewer if you want. Simply send me the ID and Password via email at [email protected]
Very sorry for my late response! I was full indulged in trying to solve it (in all the wrong ways and orders). In the end it was a motherboard CMOS reset that fixed whatever the problem was for me. In the middle of it all I hopelessly reinstalled W7 so Im afraid any logs i mightve had have been lost. Sorry about that!

Thanks alot for the offer to help, though! You seem like a top bloke
Last edited by Holmir on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Holmir wrote:
Wagnard wrote:

Very sorry for my late response! I was full indulged in trying to solve it (in all the wrong ways and orders). In the end it was a motherboard CMOS reset that fixed whatever the problem was for me. In the middle of it all I hopelessly reinstalled W7 so Im afraid any logs i mightve had have been lost. Sorry about that!
No problem,
At least I know DDU isnt related as it is impossible for DDU to change bios settings.
Enjoy your new card ;)
Holmir

Post by Holmir »

Wagnard wrote:
Holmir wrote:
Wagnard wrote:

No problem,
At least I know DDU isnt related as it is impossible for DDU to change bios settings.
Enjoy your new card ;)
Will do!