My notebook's GPU is not detected after using DDU

Rafinaz

Post by Rafinaz »

2 weeks ago, i installed directX program and it requaired to upgrade my nvidia driver. But it failed..so i decided to use DDU ( on normal mode ). Everything was fine with my gpu..it was detected on DDU's log. But after reebot..it does not appear on its log, im prety sure there is nothing wrong with the hardware, because ,1) its almost brandnew laptop. 2) there was nothing happened with my laptop display. Help me please

Asus X441UBR
MX 110 2GB
Core i3 7th gen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: My notebook's GPU is not detected after using DDU

Post by Wagnard »

Rafinaz wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:44 am 2 weeks ago, i installed directX program and it requaired to upgrade my nvidia driver. But it failed..so i decided to use DDU ( on normal mode ). Everything was fine with my gpu..it was detected on DDU's log. But after reebot..it does not appear on its log, im prety sure there is nothing wrong with the hardware, because ,1) its almost brandnew laptop. 2) there was nothing happened with my laptop display. Help me please

Asus X441UBR
MX 110 2GB
Core i3 7th gen
Not sure if you are the one who emailed me. According to waht you say here, you already had a problem installing the driver prior using DDU. Do you see a standard VGA driver or something in DDU in place of Nvidia?
Rafinaz

Post by Rafinaz »

Yes, i'have sent you an email before. Im not sure, my vga was clearly detected on DDU's log. And after cleaning the software, it only shows Intel hd 620. I have done bios flash, fresh instal. And yes i had the problem with the driver, but my gpu was detected.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Rafinaz wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:56 am Yes, i'have sent you an email before. Im not sure, my vga was clearly detected on DDU's log. And after cleaning the software, it only shows Intel hd 620. I have done bios flash, fresh instal. And yes i had the problem with the driver, but my gpu was detected.
Laptop model and make?
It is possible there is a way to force detect depending on the manufacturer. We may have to ask them, but if there is not than either there is a hardware issue or your OS was broken (that could explain why you had issue prior using DDU)
Rafinaz

Post by Rafinaz »

Asus notebook X441UBR..
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Rafinaz wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:57 pm Asus notebook X441UBR..
Thanks,
Now send me via email the DDU log folder (you can zip it) and also send me some pictures of your device manager.

I also remembered that a user in the past was able to re-detect the card when he use the external connector (HDMI or display port) of the laptop. Usually on recent laptop, they are directly connect to the Nvidia GPU.
Rafinaz

Post by Rafinaz »

Ok sir. Im using laptop, not computer. i hope its not my hardware failure, since its a brandnew laptop, thank you for replaying my thread