"There is a pending reboot, please reboot before using DDU"

Kimon

Post by Kimon »

Hello everyone,,
After playing the Battlefield 1 free trial, and not being overly thrilled about my GPU's performance(framerate drops, stuttering), I decided to uninstall my NVIDIA drivers. Unfortunately, I did this manually through the control panel like an idiot instead of using DDU like the entire internet suggested.

When I attempted to reinstall the latest NVIDIA driver(373.06), which is still installed because there were only 4 NVIDIA programs in the control panel (Phys X System Software, an Audio Driver, a 3D Vision controller driver and something else, maybe GeForce Experience), every installation fails at configuring system. This includes installation of GeForce experience, which is what i really need to fix because of the Battlefield 1 release i'm going to assume there will be a driver update shortly after it releases.

So attempting to correct my mistake, I downloaded DDU, extracted it, installed it and attempted to run it.

It keeps telling me there is a pending reboot. I've rebooted over 15 times since this first happened.

Please for the love of God can anyone help me.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: "There is a pending reboot, please reboot before using DDU"

Post by Wagnard »

Kimon wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:28 am Hello everyone,,
After playing the Battlefield 1 free trial, and not being overly thrilled about my GPU's performance(framerate drops, stuttering), I decided to uninstall my NVIDIA drivers. Unfortunately, I did this manually through the control panel like an idiot instead of using DDU like the entire internet suggested.

When I attempted to reinstall the latest NVIDIA driver(373.06), which is still installed because there were only 4 NVIDIA programs in the control panel (Phys X System Software, an Audio Driver, a 3D Vision controller driver and something else, maybe GeForce Experience), every installation fails at configuring system. This includes installation of GeForce experience, which is what i really need to fix because of the Battlefield 1 release i'm going to assume there will be a driver update shortly after it releases.

So attempting to correct my mistake, I downloaded DDU, extracted it, installed it and attempted to run it.

It keeps telling me there is a pending reboot. I've rebooted over 15 times since this first happened.

Please for the love of God can anyone help me.
You probably have this key laying around in the registry:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RebootRequired

You can try to remove it as this is what DDU check for a pending reboot.