Used DDU and now my SSD is Unbootable

Red

Post by Red »

I decided to use this software to remove my Nvidia driver completely from my system because I installed a new AMD graphics card. I removed the Nvidia driver first, then the AMD driver next. After that I tried to reboot in the computer normally, and my SSD was not bootable, but I can boot from my sshd fine inside my pc atm. I have a m.2 intel 660p ssd and it has all of my files on it, it just isn't booting. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Used DDU and now my SSD is Unbootable

Post by Wagnard »

Red wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:51 am I decided to use this software to remove my Nvidia driver completely from my system because I installed a new AMD graphics card. I removed the Nvidia driver first, then the AMD driver next. After that I tried to reboot in the computer normally, and my SSD was not bootable, but I can boot from my sshd fine inside my pc atm. I have a m.2 intel 660p ssd and it has all of my files on it, it just isn't booting. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
That's unusual.
Can you access the files on the Intel ?
Also can you send me via email the DDU logs: [email protected]
Red

Post by Red »

This is strange, I tried to search my desktop on the ssd that won't boot and I only saw 1 file icon in their. I had atleast 9 shortcuts on the desktop. Also when I tried to search DDU in file explorer on the ssd it BSODed my pc. I just not tried to boot up the ssd alone, with no backup hdd in my pc and it did say that windows needed repair, so for now i will try to get repair media for it.
Red

Post by Red »

I ended up having to save everything from my ssd to a new hard drive. After i wiped the ssd, i noticed i could not transfer some things over because it would crash my system. Although i did recover the DDU logs and will send them incase someone else has this problem and doesn't have a spare hard drive around. From what i could tell, i think it messed up my windows 10 causing it to not boot. Im all good now though. And thanks for responding quickly.