No internet connection after DDU uninstalling

Laamapalmu

Post by Laamapalmu »

Hello

I used the latest version of DDU (V16.1.0.1) to uninstall my AMD drivers. I booted to safe mode and followed the steps and everything went fine till the computer rebooted. My overclocking failed and crashed the computer which is very weird, never had a problem with my OC, after a couple tries I got the PC to boot up normally. I soon found out that I don't have internet connection. Yellow triangle with "No internet access".

I have tried troubleshooting, several cmd commands, re-installing Realtek LAN drivers, reboot without ethernet cable or LAN chipset being disabled. I uninstalled virus protection software (360 Total Security) and also disabled the Windows Firewall. I tried reverting to the restore point that the DDU created, but it didn't help either.

Well now I created another partition and installed Windows 10 to it and my internet works perfectly fine. With quick search around google and this forum I didn't find much of a help for my problem. I really don't want to re-install everything again... I've done it way too many times, windows always has some problem that needs a complete re-install of everything :x

Specs:
FX-8350
HD7850
8GB DDR3 Kingston
Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 rev1.0
Windows 10 64-bit PRO

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: No internet connection after DDU uninstalling

Post by Wagnard »

Laamapalmu wrote:Hello

I used the latest version of DDU (V16.1.0.1) to uninstall my AMD drivers. I booted to safe mode and followed the steps and everything went fine till the computer rebooted. My overclocking failed and crashed the computer which is very weird, never had a problem with my OC, after a couple tries I got the PC to boot up normally. I soon found out that I don't have internet connection. Yellow triangle with "No internet access".

I have tried troubleshooting, several cmd commands, re-installing Realtek LAN drivers, reboot without ethernet cable or LAN chipset being disabled. I uninstalled virus protection software (360 Total Security) and also disabled the Windows Firewall. I tried reverting to the restore point that the DDU created, but it didn't help either.

Well now I created another partition and installed Windows 10 to it and my internet works perfectly fine. With quick search around google and this forum I didn't find much of a help for my problem. I really don't want to re-install everything again... I've done it way too many times, windows always has some problem that needs a complete re-install of everything :x

Specs:
FX-8350
HD7850
8GB DDR3 Kingston
Windows 10 64-bit PRO
DDU cannot make an overclocking fail. You computer crashed because of your overclock and the crash did the damage that you have now. Even if you say you never had a problem with OC , today is the day you have a problem with it.
When overclocking, there is a risk associated with it and reinstalling is a part of it.
Just for your information, DDU does a "system restore point" in normal mode before cleaning (if you didn't disable System restore and didnt launch DDU in safemode directly first).

Also, have you check why you have the yellow triangle? no ip address? If you have an ip assigned to you, can you ping another IP directly? like ping 8.8.8.8
Laamapalmu

Post by Laamapalmu »

Wagnard wrote:

Specs:
FX-8350
HD7850
8GB DDR3 Kingston
Windows 10 64-bit PRO
DDU cannot make an overclocking fail. You computer crashed because of your overclock and the crash did the damage that you have now. Even if you say you never had a problem with OC , today is the day you have a problem with it.
When overclocking, there is a risk associated with it and reinstalling is a part of it.
Just for your information, DDU does a "system restore point" in normal mode before cleaning (if you didn't disable System restore and didnt launch DDU in safemode directly first).

Also, have you check why you have the yellow triangle? no ip address? If you have an ip assigned to you, can you ping another IP directly? like ping 8.8.8.8
The yellow triangle says "Not connected - No connections are available" I tried cmd ipconfig giving me the following text "Windows IP Configuration" No IP/Mac addresses etc. New windows installation works fine but I wonder what the uninstallation could have made to cause this. LAN port green/orange LEDs are blinking.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Laamapalmu wrote:
Wagnard wrote:

Specs:
FX-8350
HD7850
8GB DDR3 Kingston
Windows 10 64-bit PRO

The yellow triangle says "Not connected - No connections are available" I tried cmd ipconfig giving me the following text "Windows IP Configuration" No IP/Mac addresses etc. New windows installation works fine but I wonder what the uninstallation could have made to cause this. LAN port green/orange LEDs are blinking.
Well this is strange, its as if you network got somehow destroyed. I guess you should reinstall and revise this overclocking or use it stock to avoid further issue.
j0p3s

Post by j0p3s »

DDU runs as a portable application, doesn't install anything!

So DDU wasn't the culprit!

Rollback with windows restore and check if it wasn't windows update that screw things up!

100% sure DDU didn't do it