18.0.2.5 ddu left nvidia PhysX untouched

psycode

Post by psycode »

ver 18.0.2.5
win7 sp1 64bit Polish version
platform: laptop switchable graphics hd intel 3000/nvidia gt 640m (it was an original, two separated gpu drivers from acer website)

ddu in safe mode, default settings, selected: gpu-nvidia-> clean and restart.
After that, in normal mode I still see Nvidia PhysX 9.12.0613 in add/remove programs window and also all PhysX files on hdd.

Screenshots attached.

please fix this in future release

thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

psycode

Re: 18.0.2.5 ddu left nvidia PhysX untouched

Post by psycode »

P.S.
I cannot uninstall it in now in the normal way. below is that Error on screensthot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

psycode wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:59 am P.S.
I cannot uninstall it in now in the normal way. below is that Error on screensthot
Hi, can you verify in the DDU options if the option to remove PhysX was selected?
Also send me the DDU logs at [email protected]
psycode

Post by psycode »

I'm sorry I don't have a log file is too late.
but now when I go to options I see that default settings is unchecked "delete PhysX", so that is why ddu didn't touch it.

BUT WHY it is a default settings?

I don't get it. I (and most of the users) download DDU for clean-up gpu drivers. And cleanup means everything.
Everything what belong to nvidia and have a word "nvidia" should disappear.

The idea is to bring back the laptop or PC to factory condition, so default settings should be clean everything.

Am I use this cleanup software because I want to keep something? or I want to clear all nvidia/amd/intel mess
and then/next install fresh drivers?

I understand that someone needs to keep PhysX for something, but I bet is less people, because most of the People want to clean everything.

Thank you
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

psycode wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:50 pm I'm sorry I don't have a log file is too late.
but now when I go to options I see that default settings is unchecked "delete PhysX", so that is why ddu didn't touch it.

BUT WHY it is a default settings?

I don't get it. I (and most of the users) download DDU for clean-up gpu drivers. And cleanup means everything.
Everything what belong to nvidia and have a word "nvidia" should disappear.

The idea is to bring back the laptop or PC to factory condition, so default settings should be clean everything.

Am I use this cleanup software because I want to keep something? or I want to clear all nvidia/amd/intel mess
and then/next install fresh drivers?

I understand that someone needs to keep PhysX for something, but I bet is less people, because most of the People want to clean everything.

Thank you
It was a request received in the past that the legacy physx installs does not get removed. I may revise this in the future.
Sadly every user wants different options and stuff and I can't satisfy them all... But you have a point that by default it should remove everything unless something is risky.