gpu undetectable after using ddu

drainey

Post by drainey »

so I bought a new gpu and thought I should probably do fresh install...….. these are my problem 1) device manager will not detect gpu 2) hidden items also wil not detect gpu 3) installing driver fails due to no gpu installed.

what I did was install ddu then I went to system config and set up boot to safe mode then I restarted pc with no gpu installed.... then I ran ddu it uninstalled all NVidia files and drivers..... next I went into system config while in safe mode and reset boot so it didn't go into safe mode again then I shut down pc...... then installed brand new gpu (rtx2080ti)......... then turned on pc to see I have no display using gpu ports(I can only get display by plugging into the mother board HDMI port and using integrated CPU graphics.........I go and try and install new drivers
gpu.png

only to see this
gpu 2.png

I went go to device manager and this is what i see
gpu3.png

I did not make a restore point before doing all of this and ive tried to loading earlier version of windows for nothing to work....

also gpu lights up and fans are spinning....why isn't device manger detecting the gpu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: gpu undetectable after using ddu

Post by Wagnard »

drainey wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:53 am so I bought a new gpu and thought I should probably do fresh install...….. these are my problem 1) device manager will not detect gpu 2) hidden items also wil not detect gpu 3) installing driver fails due to no gpu installed.

what I did was install ddu then I went to system config and set up boot to safe mode then I restarted pc with no gpu installed.... then I ran ddu it uninstalled all NVidia files and drivers..... next I went into system config while in safe mode and reset boot so it didn't go into safe mode again then I shut down pc...... then installed brand new gpu (rtx2080ti)......... then turned on pc to see I have no display using gpu ports(I can only get display by plugging into the mother board HDMI port and using integrated CPU graphics.........I go and try and install new driversgpu.png

only to see thisgpu 2.png

I went go to device manager and this is what i seegpu3.png

I did not make a restore point before doing all of this and ive tried to loading earlier version of windows for nothing to work....

also gpu lights up and fans are spinning....why isn't device manger detecting the gpu
Hi,
This smell like a defective 2080ti or not correctly installed.
DDU can't prevent windows to detect new hardware.
An easy way to find out if you computer can still detect new hardware is to plus something on your USB.
drainey

Post by drainey »

I put the 2080yi in another computer and it found the gpu
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

drainey wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:21 am I put the 2080yi in another computer and it found the gpu
This is great, the card is in working condition.
Try a different slot in your computer just in case the first is having issues.
Also, check in the bios if the PCI-E graphic is selected as primary too.
A bios reset may help too.

Are you able to see the bios post with the new card with the HDMI/DP connected to your monitor ? If not you either have an hardware issue or bios configuration issue. It is impossible for DDU to change something that happens before Windows loading.
drainey

Post by drainey »

one sec let me try that im just gonna revert all settings to default brb
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

drainey wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:44 am one sec let me try that im just gonna revert all settings to default brb
Be sure to have only the HDMI / DP cable into the new videocard, not in both.
drainey

Post by drainey »

dude you are awesome.... I will say this I thought about the bios fed up but decided against messing with it since I don't know much about bios sure enough setting it back to default settings fixed everything..... 10 hours later everything is now working.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

drainey wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 am dude you are awesome.... I will say this I thought about the bios fed up but decided against messing with it since I don't know much about bios sure enough setting it back to default settings fixed everything..... 10 hours later everything is now working.
See ;) DDU is not that evil :lol:

Enjoy your new card.
jasonroy

Post by jasonroy »

Are you ready to see the profiles post with the new card with the HDMI/DP associated with your screen ? If not you either have an equipment issue or profiles arrangement issue. It is unthinkable for DDU to change something that occurs before Windows stacking.
Amateur music evangelist. Twitter nerd. Future teen idol. Reader. Beer fan. Internet guru. Food fanatic. Bacon advocate.
micheljone

Post by micheljone »

Are you prepared to see the profiles post with the new card with the HDMI/DP related with your screen ? If not you either have a gear issue or profiles course of action issue. It is inconceivable for DDU to change something that happens before Windows stacking.
Zombie practitioner. Hardcore gamer. General music ninja